FSSAVE files

Binou

Hi everybody!

I've downloaded a few airplanes, with flights included in the package. But I never achieved to load these flights with FSX SE. I noticed that these flights had only FLT and WX extension files.

The only flights FSX I could load had also a FSSAVE extension file.

I've no idea of what this means (FSSAVE : flight save, I guess, but how could I save it if I can't load and start it first?).

Is there any way to generate these FSSAVE missing files, and would it allow to load the flight?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards.

Binou

Disk version saved flights consist of 3 files: the weather x.WX, the flight data x.FLT, and the IMAGE that the sim shows connected to the flight x.FSSAVE.

Only the x.FLT is critical to resuming a stored flight. Open the correct x.FLT file. It is editable so you can adjust features like time and date.

I have SE in my W10 OS. Let me try that also....

Same results: I saved a flight, removed the FSSAVE and the WX and it still loaded. Don't know what else to say...

Loyd

PS. Try this as a workabound- make a copy of any other FSSAVE; rename it the same as the flight you want to fly - should work (Computers/programs are fast but not terribly smart sometimes)

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Thank you Load!

You are right, the FSSAVE has nothing to do with the issue.

I opened some FLT files, some loaded by FS SE, others not. I couldn't see many differences. I tried to copy and paste the AppVersion numbers of the working files into the non working ones. To no avail.

I checked the airplane name. It was all right.

I am a bit at a loss. Maybe their location isn't good. It's such a mess in my files.

John

Eventually, I fixed the issue. It was simple. I had been foolish enough to create subfolder inside Flight simulator X files. Once every flight file located directly, without subfolders, FSX SE did load every flight.

Thank you anyway!

Binou