Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Article: Phil Spencer On The New Microsoft Flight Simulator

Blog Entries

Default Article: Phil Spencer On The New Microsoft Flight Simulator

I hope it's not another joke like the Microsoft Flight which was released in 2012.

I say hold your horses. Wait and see the catch. Years of experience taught me not to expect anything good out of Microsoft.

Blog Entries

The endless negativity is really sad. "Nothing good from Microsoft"? Seriously? How about FSX, FS2004, FS2002, FS2000, FS98... shall I go on?

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful. I'm still with FSX, holding out for the next "leap forward".....could this be it?

I bet the reason Mr Spencer insists on calling it a 'game' is (maybe?) because 'IT' may not be 'modifiable' by us simmers. Perhaps no flight dynamics (or 'physics') available (or SDK) to modify or edit? But, I'm 'game', and will reserve judgement or opinion. With the possibilities that new computers and technical programming affords us now a days I guess you might even be able to go to Mars in the new sim. Hey...it could happen. Tighten your seat belts!
    Chuck B
    Napamule

7. Default

I have used a number of Microsofts flight simulators in my time but why did they have to mess up FS2004?

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    The endless negativity is really sad. "Nothing good from Microsoft"? Seriously? How about FSX, FS2004, FS2002, FS2000, FS98... shall I go on?
    Sorry Nels, but I'm one of the skeptics too. Microsoft ditched the team that produced those titles you mention. But you're right, Microsoft has still produced some excellent titles in other genres in recent years (mostly on XBOX), but NOTHING flight sim related. Unless they assembled some long-lost and/or serious talent under the radar, I think we're going to get a very good-looking sim, but light on the technical stuff like flight model, ATC and no support for things like trackIR, multi-monitor etc. If it also runs on XBOX, it will be more game than flight-sim, has to be due to the very defined parameters of XBOX and Spencer is already giving us a hint.
    Last edited by rooitou; 06-17-2019 at 02:42 AM.
    i7-4790K @ 4.6 GHz, ASUS Maximus VII Gene, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift, Windows 7 64-bit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pklitofsky View Post
    I have used a number of Microsofts flight simulators in my time but why did they have to mess up FS2004?
    How exactly did they "mess us" FS2004? That version works well and is still popular today.

Blog Entries

Being skeptical is fine, but I'm seeing people declare it a failure before we even know what it is. Sometimes I think the flightsim community is its own worse enemy. Look at the comments on any subject...there is so much negativity all the time. Something new like this should get us all pumped up and excited, not whiney and complaining.

Something that's a like more "gamey" and less serious isn't necessarily a bad thing. One area where we are hurting now is in bringing in new people to the flightsim community. Having a sim that was at more of an entry level and thus more accessible to people with no previous experience could be really useful. Having Microsoft get behind it and actively promoting it could be the best thing that happened to flightsimming in a long time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast