Advice Please on 767 Purchase

Hello all:

I am in the market for an extended range 767 cargo aircraft.

It appears that the choices are:

1. Level D 767

2. Captain Sim 767

I am looking for any advice you can provide.

I know the Level D is/was a good product in the day, but it is almost 10 years old and I wonder if the graphics is up to date with today's standard. The Captain Sim product is newer but I have no idea on the quality of the graphics and systems modeling.

I would be grateful for any input you would care to provide.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Hello all:

I am in the market for an extended range 767 cargo aircraft.

It appears that the choices are:

1. Level D 767

2. Captain Sim 767

I am looking for any advice you can provide.

I know the Level D is/was a good product in the day, but it is almost 10 years old and I wonder if the graphics is up to date with today's standard. The Captain Sim product is newer but I have no idea on the quality of the graphics and systems modeling.

I would be grateful for any input you would care to provide.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Er, the Captain Sim 767 was also released at least ten years ago - 2009 IIRC

Both are dinosaurs, but my choice would be Level D. Class always wins through...

I have the Level-D

The only thing I hate about it is the VC cockpit overhead controls are NOT 3D and detract from an otherwise awesome model.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks Mallcott and Dogdish. I went ahead and purchased the Level-D as I had a deep discount since I owned the FS2004 version. I just don't think I can go back there after PMDG and other modern cockpits. So I'll take a look at CaptSim. I don't know any other sources, right?

Thanks

Rick

It depends really on your priorities. Simulation or prettiness. If simulation is your thing then Level D, prettiness then Level D. It is a shame that there are no more modern contenders. I look at how many 737's there are out there.

It depends really on your priorities. Simulation or prettiness. If simulation is your thing then Level D, prettiness then Level D. It is a shame that there are no more modern contenders. I look at how many 737's there are out there.

Yes, I agree completely.. I looked at both of them and decided not for me. Next I'll look at PMDG T7.

Thanks

Rick

Edited by silverheels2