Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister by A.F.Scrub

Took this new baby -just downloaded from the file section- for a spin. From what I found in handling, she is very manoeuvrable and has very little positive static stability, which makes her optimal for aerobatics (not my type of flight model mount, but fighter jocks would love such a plane). I am quoting what the creator A.F, Scrub included in the way of a readme file:

Click on images for a larger view

Bu1.jpg

FSX/P3Dv3,v4 Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister

The Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister (Young master) was an advanced trainer of the Luftwaffe in the 1930s. It was a single-engine, single-seat biplane of wood and tubular steel construction and covered in fabric. Development

The Bü 133 was a development of the Bücker Bü 131 Jungmann two-seat basic trainer. First flown in 1935 (by Luise Hoffmann, the first female works pilot in Germany), it was slightly smaller than the Bü 131. The prototype, D-EVEO, was powered by a 140 hp (104 kW) Hirth HM506 inverted, air-cooled inline-6 engine.

The aircraft showed "astonishing agility" at its first public appearance, the 1936 International Aerobatic Championship at Rangsdorf, but the Bü 133A garnered no orders; only two Bü 133Bs, with 160 hp (119 kW) version of that same Hirth HM506 inline-6 engine, were built.

Bu2.jpg

The main production type was the 160 hp (119 kW) Siemens-Bramo Sh 14A radial powered Bü 133C, which had a distinctive cowling and a 13 cm (5.1 in)-shorter fuselage, and the same fine aerobatic performance as the Bü 133A.

Fifty-two were manufactured under licence by Dornier for the Swiss Air Force (which kept it in service until 1968). A similar number were built for the Spanish Air Force by CASA, and were designated the CASA 1-133.

Bu3.jpg

Operational history

CASA-built 1-133C Jungmeister at Blackpool (Squires Gate) Airport in 1957

The Bü 133C racked up numerous victories in international aerobatic competition, and by 1938 was the Luftwaffe's standard advanced trainer. At the Brussels meet that year, a three-man Luftwaffe team made a strong impression on Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring, who ordered a nine-man team be formed. It dazzled the crowds at the International Flying meet in Brussels the next year.

The Jungmeister design remained competitive in international aerobatic competition into the 1960s.

Bu4.jpg

General characteristics

Crew: one, pilot

Length: 6.0 m (19 ft 8.25 in)

Wingspan: 6.60 m (21 ft 7.75 in)

Height: 2.20 m (7 ft 2.5 in)

Wing area: 12.0 m² (129.17 ft²)

Empty weight: 425 kg (937 lb)

Max. takeoff weight: 585 kg (1,290 lb)

Powerplant: 1 × Siemens-Halske Sh.14A-4 radial piston engine, 119 kW (160 hp)

Performance

Maximum speed: 220 km/h (137 mph)

Cruise speed: 200km/h (124mph)

Range: 500 km (311 mi)

Service ceiling: 4,500 m (14,765 ft)

Enjoy and best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - This is a very nice looking download, but, it sounds as if it "just wasn't what you expected?" I could be wrong, but that's they way I read your first paragraph! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Hi Rick,

No I am in no way disappointed or saying anything negative about this aircraft; its a top quality freeware model and functions perfectly. Just that this type of aircraft -with negative/neutral static stability- is not my preferred type to fly in. It is optimized for aerobatics while I prefer stable graceful models that are easy to trim and fly almost hands-off. This plane handles a lot like a Pitts or an Extra 300. This is not a fault, it was designed and conceived to do just that. I remember flying a Zlin Z526 (in real life) some time back and it handled in a similar way. That was what I meant to say.

Best wishes.

Khalid :pilot: :cool:

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much for the great review Khalid :cool::cool: I downloaded the bird and can't wait to try it out.:)

Thank you Jan for your kind words. She's lovely and powerful and then there's the phenomenal quality of A.F. Scrub's work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But will it float??:rolleyes::eek:

That's the "million Dollar question" ;)

----------------------------------------------

There's a good one to try:

The Jungmann and Biggles

In the Miklo graphic novel L’Épée de Wotan, Biggles and co. found a Bü 131 together with an old Polikarpov Po-2 in a hangar in a small airfield near Magdeburg and stole them in order to make their escape from East Germany. The Bü 131 was piloted by Ginger with Algy in the backseat. After Biggles and Bertie's Po-2 was hit by a MiG-15, Ginger positioned the Bü 131 directly above the stricken aircraft, allowing Biggles and Bertie to grab on to the undercarriage. Ginger was thus able to pull them away before their Po-2 crashed. He then dropped them off over a river.

biggles.jpg

Edited by kalizzi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A fine display of the 133 Jungmeister Khalid. A good review/narrative to accompany it as well. :cool: :cool: :)

Dear Larry, thank you for your kind compliments. Glad you enjoyed.

Dear Blair, Thank you for your kind words.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks great and must be fun to fly.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]