New PC for Good Old FS9

Finally decided the old box is probably not a good base to expand on. (Intel E8500, Gigabyte GAP43ES3G, Geforce GTX 650TI, Win-XP)

I found this one and it appears to be a move up and in my price range. Not being an expert, I'd like some input from you all on this:

BUYPOWER Gaming PC Computer Desktop Intel i5-9600K 3.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM, 1TB HDD, 240GB SSD, WIFI Included, Liquid Cooled, Win 10

My main concern is I have some Flight-one stuff, heard their installer does not play well with Win10.

My alternate is just stay with the current one and overclock plus move up to Win7 and maybe a new graphics card.

Any input or suggestions for changes to the plan would be great fully appreciated.

Your old rig should be fine for FS9 as is. However, your new computer looks sweet, even for FSX (at least if you don't use any payware sceneries). Liquid cooling is only a must if you overclock, otherwise, it's just overkill. If you have the money, why don't you go for it?

The only software I had issues to run in Windows 10 was Text-o-matic, but after a reformat (and I dunno what else) I was able to make it run. Just try downloading a new wrapper from F1 and reinstall from there.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luis;

Thank you for the input. Agreed with you on the water cooling so kept looking a bit more. This is the one I finally brought home;

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz / NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660Ti 6GB / 1TB HDD / 240GB SSD / 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM / Win 10 Home 64-bit

Now I just have to figure out the protocols for the HDD vs SSD. Only had one (HDD) drive in my previous systems.......

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps your rig may actually be ready for MSFS 2020? But, good luck in whatever sim gets you up into the clouds...

It definitely should be, although I'd go with an AMD processor and 580 Armor GPU for that specific game