Can't Figure out how to get rid of a new sound. ### ## #

wyattx2

Two or Three days ago I began having problem with a new sound...### ## #. I cannot remember what causes the sound. I looked throughout but can't find it. I encountered it about 7 or 8 years ago, got rid of it immediately but can't locate it this time. Appreciate help.

Jim Wyatt

Two or Three days ago I began having problem with a new sound...### ## #. I cannot remember what causes the sound. I looked throughout but can't find it. I encountered it about 7 or 8 years ago, got rid of it immediately but can't locate it this time. Appreciate help.

Jim Wyatt

Jim Mate

That post is about as vague as it gets.

More detail needed .Are FS expert here are a clever bunch,but they need something more to go on.

Andy

Jim Mate

That post is about as vague as it gets.

More detail needed .Are FS expert here are a clever bunch,but they need something more to go on.

Andy

+1 I have always wondered what a # sounds like! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It's the morse code you hear from the VOR (or Runway ILS frequency) you tuned on the radio. Identifies the VOR (morse code of the vor's letters) so you can make sure you are recieving the correct VOR beacon and not another one nearby that has the same frequency.

You hear it because the Ident button on your radio panel is on.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the morse code you hear from the VOR (or Runway ILS frequency) you tuned on the radio. Identifies the VOR (morse code of the vor's letters) so you can make sure you are recieving the correct VOR beacon and not another one nearby that has the same frequency.

You hear it because the Ident button on your radio panel is on.

Ah! --- .. - dits and dahs;) Could also be ADF, DME codes or even Marker Beacon as one flies over them!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you il88pp Top Gun.

I new it was something along this line. I have been using these flight sim CH Products for a long time and never had this happen.

Jim Wyatt

By the way I owned my own Air Plane, a 1976 Cherokee, for 11 years. I gave up flying this year...getting to old.