Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A new FS?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Great link Mark, thanks!
    Other site I'm getting hate mail! lol
    Done posting over there. haha
    Mark Daniels

Possibly because you've been nothing but negative. You have no more information than everyone else, just cool it and wait for some more to trickle out.
    You may well be right, but maybe you'll be surprised.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by andyjohnston View Post
    Possibly because you've been nothing but negative. You have no more information than everyone else, just cool it and wait for some more to trickle out.
    You may well be right, but maybe you'll be surprised.
    I can tell you I am totally amazed. It's on Xbox for starters. Anyhow, I'll stay well out of the topic here as well.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Came across this. Worth a watch particularly from the 6 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvHETO7QUI
    There's so much rubbish in that video that it's not even worth starting to list the faults. It's all just pure speculation (and not even good speculation at that). He says he's on the "Insider group and beta team" but then so can anyone who wants to be - there's a link to it on the official site. He has no more inside knowledge than anyone else outside of MS. Typical YouTube clickbait.

Mark, i suggest you take a look at their site now that it has been updated and give it a good read: https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com
    You are very wrong on your assumptions sir

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeanl2 View Post
    Mark, i suggest you take a look at their site now that it has been updated and give it a good read: https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com
    You are very wrong on your assumptions sir
    I've seen it and just like the 1 minute 30 second clip that tells you nothing, neither does the new text.
    On the other site they will now be slamming anyone who said anything negative and suggesting this text confirms it is a FSX replacement.

Now, MS need to sell the game and MS can see it only takes a few select chosen words to this particular group of enthusiasts to succeed. Soooo, what was actually stated? I'll break it down logically:

1. We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
    You can buy Goat Simulator! lol
    "Simulator" is a very open term in 2019. Notice there is no reference made that MSFS will be a continuation of the franchise as we know it.

2. Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
    We are still trying to sell you point 1 with point 2. lol

3. Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
    In 2019 this typically means, yep, 1,000 DLC's will be available for 100k or so if you want to fully deck out your MSFS!

4. Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
    Haha, every developer of every game on the planet says this. lol

5. Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
    Well, just about every game on my system with controller support can accept my wheel, joystick, gamepad and whatever other controller I plug into my PC. It tells you NOTHING about the game itself.

To come out with these 5 things as main points, sorry, don't go back on a single word I said. Time will reveal all.
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 06-21-2019 at 12:26 AM.
    Mark Daniels

7. Default

You don't need to read anything or see anything on the new MSFS to already understand many things.

The game is less than 18 months from release. It's a little too late to work with the community. The core of what this game will be is already established. What MS clearly want is to look at feedback to see how what they have built will likely be perceived. They can then tweak small elements to help sell the game more successfully. People will be adding complex wish lists galore, none of them will be introduced.

The expectation is the game will be a fully fledged flight sim to replace FSX, P3D, X-Plane. To develop a flight sim to any of these standards takes time. What was achieved with FSX even by today's standards is quite incredible. To expect one single game built from the ground up to reach this level of complexity, in a 2019 gaming environment, be cross platform as well, my god.

It just isn't going to happen. I'll happily eat my words because what I will need to witness is the most incredible feat of game development in the history of gaming.
    Mark Daniels

Well, it is probably far too early for us to be told more that what MS has already released, and so far, it does seem that we have interesting times ahead, & a lot more speculation as more 'teaser' comments by MS are posted.

What catches my eye is the following:
    Another flight simulator for us, to add to our collection (FS9, FSX, P3D, FlightGear, etc)
    Never have we had so many choices to suit how we enjoy our hobby.
    (Mark, enjoy your flying goats)

FSM will be release first for PC's then Xbox, with their 63 million users, when Xbox One is released.
    This can open up a huge new market for users AND potential new developers.

Great news that 3rd part developers can climb onto the bandwagon, Hopefully the freeware developers as well. Yes, more choices for us. DLC's? Why not? It makes it far easier for new simmers to add any additions into their sim. At a price? Of course, its a business, & we have choices of how & where we spend our money (& how much!).

It's also great that MS is taking notice of us, they have a huge target market out there.

Imagine if Microsoft comes out with a branded range of Yokes, pedals & joysticks? (obviously for Xbox & PC)..

Lol, sure, we know nothing more that what MS has told us, & shown us... So what.. we have nearly 18 months ahead of us to what & see further teaser movies.

Those cynics out there.... stick with your Windows 7, negativity, and critical comments from a less than 2 minute teaser... We have exciting time ahead of us!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Those cynics out there.... stick with your Windows 7, negativity, and critical comments from a less than 2 minute teaser... We have exciting time ahead of us!
    Thank you!!! The SIMULATOR will come out and they will still complain because they can't run it on their dinosaurs.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeanl2 View Post
    Thank you!!! The SIMULATOR will come out and they will still complain because they can't run it on their dinosaurs.
    Haha, if you don't take all this seriously it's quite a lot of fun. I don't have a dinosaur but still can't see myself ever switching from FS9 because in 2021, it will STILL be the best flight sim.
    I hope time goes fast so we can clear all this stuff up! lol
    Mark Daniels

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast