A new FS?

sford

(4/16/19) ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop. I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, FSX:SE, Oculus rift, Windows 10

(Built 03/08): GA-EP35C-DS3R, Q6600 (oc=3.4Ghz), 8GB (4x2) DDR2 1066, Corsair 850W, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro; FSX Gold+Accel+REX+UTXUSA+UTXTAC+MegaSc MN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks amazing! There is really not enough information yet to tell what type of sim it will be.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

There is really not enough information yet to tell what type of sim it will be.

I think 10 years of history from thousands of games, no mention anywhere in the short write up of any advanced features, user content capabilities or reference to bettering previous versions, it'll be a plane game.

It will have a flight planner and they made mention of this. I think that's because a flight planner inclusion is as sim as it gets.

Mark Daniels

Well here's the announcement for God sakes. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?19423-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Returns-For-Xbox

I figured it be Win 10 only.

Indeed, it looks like X-Box and Windows 10 only. Since I'm on Windows 7 for life I guess I'll have to pass on this one..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Indeed, it looks like X-Box and Windows 10 only. Since I'm on Windows 7 for life I guess I'll have to pass on this one..........Doug

Same here. (Windows 7)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Perhaps, we should merge the "New FS" topics into one topic? Having two is confusing....

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

No fudge of the EULA required...

The new Flight Simulator isn't released yet, so FSX is far from dead. My bill for FSX payware add-ons during Memorial Day sales proves that. And good that "no fudge" will be required for the new sim. All the winking-and-nudging over the past 10 years, and the divisions it caused in the flightsim community, wasn't healthy or admirable at all.

At this stage it DOES look like a plane game to me. It's MS Flight with whole-world satellite scenery (from Bing Maps?) and 3D autogen generated by Azure AI, in a similar way to FSEarthTiles, which certainly does look amazing. It'll be available on PC through the XBox Live network for a monthly subscription fee, so it's unlikely that an SDK will be released, although it's very early days yet and anything could happen...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

At this stage it DOES look like a plane game to me.

I'm quite confident it IS a plane game!

It's MS Flight

No! It appears it's FSW but close! lol

Two sources I have now. I'm betting they are correct.

The other FS site has over 30 pages of Christmas wish lists. They are going to be really angry with Santa! haha

Mark Daniels

I think Microsoft knows what kept their Flight Simulator series viable for so long was the "Add on market". It will be interesting to see about the SDK.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

No! It appears it's FSW but close! lol

I thought of Flight because the second screenshot here: https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com/media/ is taken from the cockpit of the Icon A5, which was one of the default Flight planes.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Great link Mark, thanks!

Possibly because you've been nothing but negative. You have no more information than everyone else, just cool it and wait for some more to trickle out.

You may well be right, but maybe you'll be surprised.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Possibly because you've been nothing but negative. You have no more information than everyone else, just cool it and wait for some more to trickle out.

You may well be right, but maybe you'll be surprised.

I can tell you I am totally amazed. It's on Xbox for starters. Anyhow, I'll stay well out of the topic here as well.

Mark Daniels

• 2 weeks later...
Mark, i suggest you take a look at their site now that it has been updated and give it a good read: https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com

You are very wrong on your assumptions sir :)

I've seen it and just like the 1 minute 30 second clip that tells you nothing, neither does the new text.

On the other site they will now be slamming anyone who said anything negative and suggesting this text confirms it is a FSX replacement.

Now, MS need to sell the game and MS can see it only takes a few select chosen words to this particular group of enthusiasts to succeed. Soooo, what was actually stated? I'll break it down logically:

1. We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.

You can buy Goat Simulator! lol

"Simulator" is a very open term in 2019. Notice there is no reference made that MSFS will be a continuation of the franchise as we know it.

2. Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).

We are still trying to sell you point 1 with point 2. lol

3. Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.

In 2019 this typically means, yep, 1,000 DLC's will be available for 100k or so if you want to fully deck out your MSFS!

4. Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.

Haha, every developer of every game on the planet says this. lol

5. Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.

Well, just about every game on my system with controller support can accept my wheel, joystick, gamepad and whatever other controller I plug into my PC. It tells you NOTHING about the game itself.

To come out with these 5 things as main points, sorry, don't go back on a single word I said. Time will reveal all.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels