Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Returns - For Xbox And PC

After that, more knowledge is needed. Will that keep with the versatile capacities of the FS franchise. Will it more tend to the Xbox aspects? Wait and see!
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

imho another failed project

Looks like I'll be building a new PC next year to be able to handle this game appropriately. I remember with FSX it took years before the PC components caught up to provide a great experience at a decent price. Plus looking at the scenery, the amount of hard drive space needed is going to be immense. I wonder if Microsoft will integrate cloud gaming at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringraptor View Post
    They are back to calling it "Simulator" but it scares me that it can be run on an Xbox. I have never had an Xbox. If you can use a game controller I can't see how it will ever "simulate" a cockpit. However... WAY early to speculate! I am going to keep my hopes up. Maybe it will scale up to PC's and peripherals and add-ons and... If it starts to look that way - I am going to start saving money for the software, new PC, new peripherals, add-ons...
    Seriously! If it looks as good as the trailer and expand to encompass the world... I could drop 5k easy and take back at least half the bad things I ever said about Bill and boys.
    The Xbox One supports plenty of peripherals, including joysticks, throttles and rudder pedals. They are essentially specialized PCs at this point and are limited more by what Microsoft decides to let developers do, rather than some technical limit in the hardware or software. It's even possible to run some Windows 10 apps, UWP ones specifically, on them. Here are some examples of available peripherals (select Xbox One in the Platform filter).

https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products

I think the big question is how open or locked down is it going to be.

Nels, very thoughtful comments indeed..
    If I may... Some of the comments posted have been, well, silly, to use a polite word.
    The Hexbox comment, for kids & games.. we forget that all the sims that Microsoft published, cane from Aces Gaming Studio & all were marked as games.

Comparing any game with P3D, is onerous, .. the Not for Entertainment story, not for gamers.

And guys, Bill left MS MANY years ago, & please, its very tiresome to keep bashing MS & Bill.

So many comments based on a very short demo clip.
    We actually no nothing about this sim, at all, yet we have so many so-called experts.

Then Pilot2b1's comments... about not trusting Microsoft, & the slap in the face that we got when FSX was not compatible with an older sim.. & then MS left us high & dry.. Seriously? so LM steps in? Really? ESP was licensed as a pro commercial sim, not for entertainment, for training & pro use.. LM stepped in to replace ESP, NOT FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Nels, very thoughtful comments indeed..
    If I may... Some of the comments posted have been, well, silly, to use a polite word.
    The Hexbox comment, for kids & games..
    The Xbox is for kids really idea needs to go away when you look at the demographics of the platform. Same goes for the idea that those playing games on an Xbox have short attention spans. Plenty of people put just as much effort into RPGs as the average flight sim pilot puts into flying, for example.

https://www.windowscentral.com/heres...hared-partners

Eye candy galore with Carendo esq aircraft. Yeah, can’t wait.... lol.

8. Default

I am so ready to ditch the ESP look we've had for 12 years now, and completed stoked that MS is doing this; as for why is anybody's guess considering the recent history of failed major FS releases. That trailer is mind-blowing, what one could say is "too good to be true". I am wondering what "captured in realtime 4K" means. I'd like to think "captured in one-to-one realtime from the sim running at 4K", but as given its meaning is somewhat ambiguous. In any event, that is a 35K' bar they just set for our expectations. All we can really do now is wait and see.
    Last edited by TheFamilyMan; 06-13-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks promising...lets see what it brings to the FS table!
    Cheers,
    Aaron

Just read an article that Dovetail Studios is behind the upcoming release. Hence why they probably shut down Flight Sim World. Meaning...it’ll be a true simulator. I remember them working on things such as a weather engine, rain drops on windshields, a “pilot career” mode. Scenery looked great, and the aircraft systems seem realistic, minus the bugs that go with betas. But I’m encouraged at this if the article is true.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast