Help with Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I just purchased the hotus warthog. I play Flight Simulator X. I downloaded the software the instructions tells you to download (TARGET) ... but I’m completely lost. When I try and play the game when I throttle up, the plane just goes in a circle.

I also have a Logitech GS27 with pedals and shifter and the steering wheel moves when I’m trying to use the joystick.

I’m completely lost and have no Idea what is going on here. Apparently you have to write some kind of profile?

Can someone help?

You might have an hardware control conflict issues.

My suggestions are:

(1) Refresh the USB connections : Shut down the computer. Disconnect all the flight yoke and steering wheel USB connections then power up the computer with no yoke or wheel connected. Wait until all boot up completed, then connected the flight yoke to computer only. Run the FSX to see if it works. If not then step 2.

(2) To remove duplicate joystick or button/key assignment under the FSX setting. If there are two usb devices have the same key assignment the FSX will not work properly. That means you only keep the key assignment for the yoke checked and unchecked other devices with same assignment to avoid confusion. For example: you have yoke z axis = throttle checked then no other devices will assign to the throttle.

Hope these help.

Thanks guys but even with only the warthog plugged in, I'm still having issues. Everything still wants to go in a circle. Even in a different game (mech warrior), the mech still just goes in a right circle. As soon as I increase the throttle on any airplane in FSX, the steering in it goes crazy and the rudder goes to one direction or another.

I don't understand what's going on and it's getting extremely frustrating. I would hate to think I just bought a $460 paper weight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys but even with only the warthog plugged in, I'm still having issues. Everything still wants to go in a circle. Even in a different game (mech warrior), the mech still just goes in a right circle. As soon as I increase the throttle on any airplane in FSX, the steering in it goes crazy and the rudder goes to one direction or another.

I don't understand what's going on and it's getting extremely frustrating. I would hate to think I just bought a $460 paper weight.

I would suggest you to isolate the problem either from the warthog itself or the computer you are using. Is it possible to install your warthog to another computer or laptop. First testing the game controller under Windows Control Panel -> Devices and Printers to make sure it is properly installed on the second computer. Then run the flight sim program on the second computer for detecting any uncontrollable spinning issue. If the warthog behaves the same undesirable spinning on both computers then you can tell the warthog is the culprit.