No working cockpit but it still flies :cool:

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You go, David, I can barely hold on to one P51, and you have to hold on to two of them!

Very nice! Rick :cool:

It’s powerful and responsive for sure!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done David, always impressive these twins! :cool::cool::eek:

Mans thank you for pointing me in the direction to find one!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good!

A P-61 kid!

Ah, a Black Widow. Now that would be a nice addition to my hanger! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've never registered with that site. I guess I may have too. I did find one on our file library. I'll give it a shot first. However, I will need to register and check out the other site as well. Thanks as always!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to register, just download it! :)

It brings me to a login page. It won't let me go any further.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to register, just download it! :)

Yes, David, you will have to register which is no big deal! Once you sign in, just click on the Warbirds Library button, you will feel like you are in a candy store! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Yes, David, you will have to register which is no big deal! Once you sign in, just click on the Warbirds Library button, you will feel like you are in a candy store! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautiful twin, David. That pod in the middle. is it a radome? I think its a night fighter because it is clad in black paint. But why would a night fighter carry free falling bombs?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautiful twin, David. That pod in the middle. is it a radome? I think its a night fighter because it is clad in black paint. But why would a night fighter carry free falling bombs?

Khalid - That big pod in the middle is probably a fuel tank to feed both those monster engines!

Fine pics. of the twin David. It's a dangerous, lethal fighter for sure. :cool: :cool:

Thank you Larry!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Back in the day, I believe the P-61 and the Twin Mustang had a faceoff and the Twins won.

On another topic, per Wikipedia, some serious achievement.....

Record-setting

P-82B-NA 44-65168 "Betty Jo" taking off from Hickam Field, Hawaii, 27 February 1947.

On 27 February 1947, P-82B 44-65168, named Betty Jo and flown by Colonel Robert E. Thacker, made history when it flew nonstop from Hawaii to New York without refueling, a distance of 8,129 km (5,051 mi) in 14 hr 32 min. It averaged 347.5 miles per hour (559.2 km/h). This flight tested the P-82's range. The aircraft carried a full internal fuel tank of 576 US gallons (2,180 l; 480 imp gal), augmented by four 310 US gal (1,173 l; 258 imp gal) tanks for a total of 1,816 US gal (6,874 l; 1,512 imp gal). Also, Colonel Thacker forgot to drop three of his external tanks when their fuel was expended, landing with them in New York.[4]

It remains the longest nonstop flight ever made by a propeller-driven fighter, and the fastest such a distance has ever been covered in a piston-engined aircraft (the record for the longest unrefueled flight by a propeller-driven aircraft of any type is held by the Rutan Voyager). The aircraft chosen was an earlier "B" model powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin engines (see "Survivors" below).

Back in the day, I believe the P-61 and the Twin Mustang had a faceoff and the Twins won.

On another topic, per Wikipedia, some serious achievement.....

Record-setting

P-82B-NA 44-65168 "Betty Jo" taking off from Hickam Field, Hawaii, 27 February 1947.

On 27 February 1947, P-82B 44-65168, named Betty Jo and flown by Colonel Robert E. Thacker, made history when it flew nonstop from Hawaii to New York without refueling, a distance of 8,129 km (5,051 mi) in 14 hr 32 min. It averaged 347.5 miles per hour (559.2 km/h). This flight tested the P-82's range. The aircraft carried a full internal fuel tank of 576 US gallons (2,180 l; 480 imp gal), augmented by four 310 US gal (1,173 l; 258 imp gal) tanks for a total of 1,816 US gal (6,874 l; 1,512 imp gal). Also, Colonel Thacker forgot to drop three of his external tanks when their fuel was expended, landing with them in New York.[4]

It remains the longest nonstop flight ever made by a propeller-driven fighter, and the fastest such a distance has ever been covered in a piston-engined aircraft (the record for the longest unrefueled flight by a propeller-driven aircraft of any type is held by the Rutan Voyager). The aircraft chosen was an earlier "B" model powered by Rolls-Royce Merlin engines (see "Survivors" below).

Great history! Thanks for sharing that with us

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]