Uploads of aircraft

richb

I notice more aircraft for Prepar3D arriving in the files section. But the uploaders need to identify which version of Prepar the files are meant for.

Thanks!

Edited by richb

I notice more aircraft for Prepar3D arriving in the files section. But the uploaders need to identify which version of Prepar the files are meant for.

Thanks!

I would suggest having a section solely for P3Dv4 and above, leaving the FSX/P3Dv1-3 of the current setups.

It's just as important for the file library to remain up-to-date as the products in them, with 64-bit and 32-bit differentiation!

I agree 100%! Hope Nels reads this.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

The problem is that isn't really possible.

The files uploaded over the years have been largely "hybrid" models. Anything that said FS-2004/FSX meant it was a 2004 model, but would still work in FSX. As P3D progressed, at first those worked. By P3Dv3, they would still work but you couldn't click gauges in the vc. By P3Dv4, only native FSX models are still usable. That includes all the defaults, and any others released over the years as native FSX, I have some that are several years old that still work for that very reason.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

• Founder

I certainly don't mind adding new file sections when warranted. The problem here is that the file creators often don't give me enough information. All too often then don't mention the name of any sim in their descriptions.

Are there actually people uploading Prepar3D v4.5+ repaints that use PBR? I don't recall seeing that.