Close Fsx.
    Then open folder:
    Documents/flight simulator x files

find file:
    logbook.bin

rename to: logbook - old.bin

start fsx.

3. Default

Documents/flight simulator x files...this folder is empty?

I did a search and the logbook.bin can't be found

Documents/flight simulator x files...this folder is empty?

I did a search and the logbook.bin can't be found

Probably due to the fact your FSX is not starting!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

After i un-installed FSX and uninstalled the aircraft files, i made a copy of the remaining files In my FS folder (FSX1), and put those files on my E drive (FSX2). i was trying to ensure my C drive was clear of old fsx files that may affect the new install.

6. Default

if i completely remove all FSX files and associated addons, why after a new re-install, doesthe prgram fail to start. Should i install the acceleration pack?

7. Default

I think removing all the files mayhave been a mistake BUT, it makes no sense when after installing FSX only, the program does not start?

Quote Originally Posted by aviator1949 View Post
    I think removing all the files may have been a mistake BUT, it makes no sense when after installing FSX only, the program does not start?
    Makes perfect sense if you haven't done a compete uninstall. Many files are leftover from the partial deinstallation so no way can you install over the top.

And yes, it was definitely an error to remove all the files...

9. Default

Well hard lesson learned.

I would UNINSTALL, NOT delete folders for whatever is showing in your ADD/REMOVE for FSX.

Then to try and fix your windows registry which is most likely a problem, try this tool from Microsoft...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/...ht-simulator-x

Then try a new FSX install and contact Microsoft via phone on activation first for the main FSX. Once that's successfully activated, install the Acceleration and activate that.

I use to uninstall/reinstall all the time to fix problems. In your case you ONLY needed to fix one aircraft while your FSX was working fine. I last installed FSX about 5 years ago and only fix the issues at hand. Got sick and tired of all the time required to setup FSX, which is the most time demanding of ANY software I own.

Live by the old saying, "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

If you can't get your boxed FSX working, perhaps you should get Steam FSX. However you will run into new issues installing some boxed add-ons to the Steam version.
    Last edited by dogdish; 06-14-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3