Here's what you get when you follow Peer's suggestions...

Jan mentioned in his comment on the "Phantom Formation" thread that landing aircraft on water can be challenging, so I said why not try the easier thing, i.e. take off? I used the ORBX Freeware CAG8 Pender Harbour Seaplane Base, and pulled out a rarely used Cessna Birddog floatplane out of my hangar.

W1.jpg

Rolled off the jetty leaving the passengers behind, not much of a bush pilot here.

W2.jpg

I thought with seaplanes there is no runway to run out of... or so I thought...

W3.jpg

The birddog did not achieve the ramp effect that Sea Harries get at take off from British carriers. So I ended up nose heavy.

W4.jpg

The end of a very short flight. On the plus side I left the crash without getting my feet wet.

Great Airmanship? eh?

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HA! You did it! The door to the famous "von Peerhoven Flight Acadamy for Talented and Honest Airman Inc." is wide open for you! I'm sure you'll be a fantastic graduate! I'm already very proud! :):) Be sure you paid our bill before the first training session. You're about to belong to World's finest Airmen. The Happy Few in the Skies! I'm very emotional now!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all, well wishers, and sympathisers. Every cloud has a sliver lining: I am glad and proud that I qualified for the von Peerhoven academy.

//To confess I did try to evade the accident, jammed my feet hard on the brake pedals but nothing happened, I did try the handbrake to no avail either. An accident investigation will blame brake failure for this crash for sure, so its definitely not pilot error.

(ತ◞౪◟ತ ‵)

Edited by kalizzi

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KEVIN!!!! Go wash your mouth! Oh, and Khalid: you forgot rule number one: After any accident: immediately start blaming someone else! Very important! Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Geez, I've been here long enough, I could have warned you that listening to him was a bad idea.

KEVIN!!!! Go wash your mouth! Oh, and Khalid: you forgot rule number one: After any accident: immediately start blaming someone else! Very important!

Kevin, you know the proverb about the three most useless things to a pilot: the altitude above you, the runway behind you, and a post facto warning! :D

Jan: Should I blame the passengers for not using the safer kayaks? :pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey! Have you seen like the Peer's Flying Academy is widening its range. It applies now to water planes landing on terra firma! :):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Someone is trying to sell a flight academy with this logo:

FSA.jpg

which shows a head on of an aircraft with only one flap deploying. What that means in practical terms is that this can very well be the last moments of these two unlucky occupants.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great! That's a good solution for the Peer Academy to teach how to takeoff, from land with a seaplane!

Now you should find the same for a usual GA plane --or whatever land plane-- to safely land on water

That should award you a per life membership :):):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

We'll teach you how to take off from water with a land plane! ;)

Yes makes perfect sense and goes along the lines of vice versa floatplane taking off land runway. :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]