Here's what you get when you follow Peer's suggestions...

The "landing" closest to the bar was purely coincidental; the charge sheet reads: "Typing while flying". :p

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the next level we also have the challenge " Land your plane as close to the bar as possible".

Here's one of the better results:

Here's an even better result, on top of the bar:

next.jpg

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hahahaha Mr. Zippy, that's a nice ferrist landing.

The academy will open its pioneering aircraft breeding farm, older aircraft will be withdrawn from service and put out to stud. Birth of an aircraft factory.

POTS0.jpg

POTS1.jpg

POTS2.jpg

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's be back to landing closest to the bar. I think the Peer's Academy of Flight is innovative with such a class!

And as we're having a heat wave in France now, that's seems to me a honest qualification for those times :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Let's be back to landing closest to the bar. I think the Peer's Academy of Flight is innovative with such a class!

And as we're having a heat wave in France now, that's seems to me a honest qualification for those times :):):)

You want to avoid alcohol in hot weather. It can leave you dehydrated, confused and more susceptible to accidents and injuries. ... :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid, not too dangerous if you stay in the bar! :o;) We have the same heatwave Gerard, tropical weather, 34C tomorrow. :eek:

Surely you're not suggesting its global warming? Are you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You bet Gérard its scorching hot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Surely you're not suggesting its global warming? Are you?

There's no such thing as "Global Warming"! Ask anyone:rolleyes: Well, maybe ask everyone that has a fake blonde comb-over;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You want to avoid alcohol in hot weather

Ouchhh! Personally, except like today, at 38 C, my best weapon against a heat wave is a good cocktail. Heading to where I store my alchohols, ice rocks, a good mixture, some bitter or coke, spoon shacking, some fruit slices, a straw. Here you are. Just sit down, have your glass and seep into :):):)

After that, beyond the temperature of today in Burgundy, the main thing is to have the courage to head to where I store… etc. etc.

Otherwise, just a much efficient medicine!!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Ouchhh! Personally, except like today, at 38 C, my best weapon against a heat wave is a good cocktail. Heading to where I store my alchohols, ice rocks, a good mixture, some bitter or coke, spoon shacking, some fruit slices, a straw. Here you are. Just sit down, have your glass and seep into :):):)

After that, beyond the temperature of today in Burgundy, the main thing is to have the courage to head to where I store… etc. etc.

Otherwise, just a much efficient medicine!!

Man the love with which you describe it makes me so thirsty.

There's no such thing as "Global Warming"! Ask anyone:rolleyes: Well, maybe ask everyone that has a fake blonde comb-over;)

The global warming alarmists are the equivalent of the flat-Earthers. -Ted Cruz 2015

Edited by kalizzi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This thread reminded me of the last page on Flight International, it was called "Straight and level" and written by a certain Roger Bacon. This was all aviation humour. I am attaching two screenshots as samples,

(Click on images to enlarge)

SL0.jpg

SL1.jpg

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon this old movie, Starring Terence Hill and Bud Spencer, guys who do spaghetti westerns and did this one-time aviation humour film back in 1972. I loved that movie when I was in high school and must have watched it a dozen times at least. There is a full copy on YouTube, although low res, but its quite watchable. A lot of models of the day, DC-3s, DC-4s Catalinas and Stearmans. very worth watching and funny throughout:

And if that doesn't work, the link is

It has a lot of Peerhoven Academy style flying in it.

Enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

better resolution copy found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pgTckAToo

And if that doesn't work, the link is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pgTckAToo

Enjoy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This message is all I get:

Video unavailable This video contains content from HitchOn GmbH, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Must be a conspiracy.....PAH! :mad:

Works for me! I must be cuter than you!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️