Phantom Formation

Took out a formation of F-4Js (of No.74 "Tiger" Sqdn.) for a short trip between RAF Lossiemouth and RAF Leuchars (before the latter was converted into an army station, sadly). The ride was very scenic and the East coast of Scotland is beautiful as ever. BTW- This is a "bargainware" model, FCS F-4F Phantom Ultimate Edition, which I bought pre-owned from a Game shop in Glasgow for 99p!

CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A LARGER VIEW

f41.jpg

Take off in tight formation, full reheat!

f42.jpg

Overflying a vessel in the North Sea

f43.jpg

A standard rate turn in formation

f44.jpg

Overhead Fife airport.

f45.jpg

Tight and close, a textbook formation.

f46.jpg

Some line-up!

f47.jpg

Over the Firth of Forth and the bridges.

f48.jpg

Landing at Leuchars

f49.jpg

Happily at dispersal.

Hope you enjoy. Best wishes.

Khalid

Edited by kalizzi

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, Khalid, you are the man! I love the formation of F-4's!! I don't have a clue about how much money 99p is, but, sounds like you got a great deal on it!

Thanks for sharing with us! - Rick :cool:

Thank you for your kind words, its about $1.25 in today's rate.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just did some searching, FSPILOT Shop has it for $19.00. I want a $1.25 special like you got! No, I would pay $19.00 based on what you showed us. Now, unless you have something negative to say about the program? Looks like it is worth the $19.00 !

Thanks Khalid! - Rick :cool:

Just did some searching, FSPILOT Shop has it for $19.00. I want a $1.25 special like you got! No, I would pay $19.00 based on what you showed us. Now, unless you have something negative to say about the program? Looks like it is worth the $19.00 !

Thanks Khalid! - Rick :cool:

I would go for the Milviz model if I were into the F-4 or jet fighters in general (which I am not, I love flying classical piston engined props) and if I were to pay a full price; for starters this is a very dated product, and its a bitch to fly. The cockpit is not that good either. The Milviz is also TacPac compatible for those who use it. Check their promo video that I found on YouTube.

This is a very nice freeware version too:

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/15/803

Edited by kalizzi
Added link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, that is just amazing! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, that is just amazing! :cool:

Thank you David for your kind words.

Amazing indeed Khalid, enjoyed your pics VERY much! :cool::cool::cool: It's a real challenge to land 2 planes in the water:rolleyes:
Thank you Jan, practice makes perfect :P

The formation flight is much great too. How did you done that, if you don't mind?

Thank you for your compliment, Cher Gérard. In fact it is an option that the developer has made into the aircraft, by making a separate .mdl file for formation. He calls it model.f in this product. When you go to aircarft.cfg you see the model=f and you get offered formation option for all stock liveries you have. Its very clever but in fact you are flying only the leader and the other aircraft tags on to you like a spot view position. the third aircraft only adds itself after take off and after you retract the undercarriage. Once on final and you deploy flaps and lower your undercarriage the third aircraft goes away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Like ticks on a dog!" :)

I still like to look at these pics Khalid! Very impressive!

Rick :cool:

Thank you Rick, I read in one of Robert Gandt's books how one Iraqi formation leader admonishes his wingman for wandering off a few yards away by calling him "you piece of fly encrusted shit." ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, when flying in formation, all aircraft flies as a unit. Everyone has to be in sync! I marvel at watching some of the air show videos on You Tube! You can tell the ones who put in hours of practice getting those aircraft to fly as a unit! It's unbelievable, some don't even look like they get any distance away from the their adjacent aircraft!!

Thanks Khalid! Rick :cool:

:cool: fsim_thumbup-logo.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Yep, when flying in formation, all aircraft flies as a unit. Everyone has to be in sync! I marvel at watching some of the air show videos on You Tube! You can tell the ones who put in hours of practice getting those aircraft to fly as a unit! It's unbelievable, some don't even look like they get any distance away from the their adjacent aircraft!!

Thanks Khalid! Rick :cool:

What a lot of folks don't realize is that the various formations, and maneuvers, the various flight demonstration teams display are nothing more than the formations and maneuvers the regular pilots and planes of the regular military utilize during their daily operations.

Granted, the demo teams might do the various stuff lower, or closer, than most of the military they're attached to, but no military pilot is granted their wings unless they can fly all the formations, and maneuvers, the demo teams fly. It's just more difficult to see the regular military pilots doing it all, as they are generally much higher, and/or in restricted areas away from the general public.

Yes, the demo teams impress me, and most, with their fancy flying, but really, they're mostly just lower, and thus more visible. They also practise flying the formations closer, but not a lot, than the regular pilots do. Still impressive to watch :D

Thanks for the pictures, Khalid!

I loved the Phantom, before, during, and after, the time I worked on them...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Rick, Jimmy, Pat and Larry: Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you liked it.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact it is an option that the developer has made into the aircraft, by making a separate .mdl file for formationQUOTE]

Thanks! A clever solution indeed (I already knew it but here it renders fine!)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

In fact it is an option that the developer has made into the aircraft, by making a separate .mdl file for formationQUOTE]

Thanks! A clever solution indeed (I already knew it but here it renders fine!)

Would be quite interesting to duplicate this for other aircraft in our hangars? non?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be quite interesting to duplicate this for other aircraft in our hangars? non?

Yes it would. Any code available for the aircraft.cfg file?

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes it would. Any code available for the aircraft.cfg file?

I can send you a PM explaining?

Edited by kalizzi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I took one of the Phantoms for a spin today over the FSX default location of Friday Harbour. I spotted a 3-mast sailing ship and went in for a closer look. It turned out to be the USCGC Eagle, which is a training ship with an interesting history.

Phantom_USCG.jpg

This is part of the awesome freeware Henrik Nielsen's AI Ships and AI Traffic packages that are hosted on Flightsim's file library. I would recommend these packages for anyone using FSX, it adds a liveliness to the waterscapes in the sim. As seas account for 71% of the total area of our planet, I think adding some sort of AI traffic to it is a good idea.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can send you a PM explaining?

Sure! You can also post it there, on the other hand, that will benefit all!

On the other hand, in terms of populating FSX expanses of seas, check my file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/aviation/greece/shipxwo.zip AI modern ships lanes worldwide (some find it heavy in fps, but worth the try; based upon statistical data)

Sure! You can also post it there, on the other hand, that will benefit all!

On the other hand, in terms of populating FSX expanses of seas, check my file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/aviation/greece/shipxwo.zip AI modern ships lanes worldwide (some find it heavy in fps, but worth the try; based upon statistical data)

Gérard really not sure about being able to post aircraft.cfg of a payware model publicly? is that allowed?

And the shipping link you posted refers to a path on your local hard drive, not really reachable to me, is there a way for you to link me the file or tell me where to download it from?

Best wishes.

Khalid

Edited by kalizzi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gérard really not sure about being able to post aircraft.cfg of a payware model publicly? is that allowed?

Yes, for sure! That's strictly forbiden for questions of copyright! And not even you're allowed to post me that in private (legally, still allowed I think but that would make other simmers here eager to get the code too :):):) )

On the other hand, I've found no trouble with my AI ships worldwide freeware; check that direct link: http://flightlessons.6te.net/shipxwo.zip

In case of trouble again, just let me know at my email, like written at my site!

Cheers!

Yes, for sure! That's strictly forbiden for questions of copyright! And not even you're allowed to post me that in private (legally, still allowed I think but that would make other simmers here eager to get the code too :):):) )

On the other hand, I've found no trouble with my AI ships worldwide freeware; check that direct link: http://flightlessons.6te.net/shipxwo.zip

In case of trouble again, just let me know at my email, like written at my site!

Cheers!

Thank you Gérard I have been able to download your shipping AI routes through the link you provided. I must find a way to integrate it with my current shipping AI setup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]