Not giving up on Mission 6

halaywi

I'm not giving up on Mission 6 as I previously indicated I might, but I still have not succeeded. Instead of following the creek or markers, I follow the green arrow on the compass on the upper left corner, and now regularly pass Waypoint 9, but I can't land successfully. I must have crashed or been grounded about 50 times. The co-pilot often says to go around, and lose altitude but I don't know how to go around and flying low often means crashing into the mountains or being grounded. What should I do?

What should I do?

LEARN HOW TO FLY! Are you doing the lessons? How about making some low altitude turns to come around and get slow enough to land? How about using full flaps and and moving your throttle to idle to slow down before the final turn to land?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As mrzippy says, learn to fly. In your other thread we gave you tasks to perform in order to learn how to fly an airplane, which you should do prior to trying that mission again. It takes TIME and EFFORT and study to learn to fly. Concentrate on it, work at it until you can fly a square pattern around the airport while maintaining altitude within 100 feet and heading within less than 10º. Work at it until you can easily, almost automatically, climb 500 feet, 1000 feet, 100 feet, then descend 500 feet, 1000 feet, and 100 feet, then can do these all while turning at a 20º bank, at a 30º bank, and at a 45º bank, then can speed up and slow down to a predetermined speed, ranging from near stall to near cruise, then can do speed changes while climbing, descending and turning. Work at it until you can consistently maintain a constant airspeed (within 5 knots, preferably within 2 knots), and also do so while changing your flap setting, in increments, from full flaps to no flaps.

The exercises I gave you in the previous post that are in the Real Aviation Tutorials & FAQs section will aid you tremendously in doing the above.

If you can't do all this, then you're not ready for that mission. Do two-year-old babies run a marathon or throw a football or shoot a basketball? Of course not. They can just barely walk. So why do you keep on with the mission without the requisite skills?

We've told you how, so just go do it.

BTW, the landing (and takeoff, for that matter) require those same skills. And in that REAL AVIATION section there are aids for learning takeoff and landing, also.

The only takeoff and landing practice my students have ever had (except at the start and end of the lesson) was AFTER they mastered the airwork well enough to have the needed skills.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

4 threads now on the same topic. I don't mind many things mods and forum members usually complain about but 4 threads on getting stuck on one mission is getting a bit silly. If you are browsing through this forum, you now need to work a little to find other non related topics between all these mission threads.
Mark Daniels

Set your mixture properly. The takeoff airport is some way above sea-level.

Then just fly there and land that thing on the tiny runway. I landed a bit long and ended stopping just past the runway, but still got a "great landing!" result.

6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]