UK Photoscenery - three questions

defaid

Hi.

Despite it having suitably resized trees and custom scenery objects, the 42.2 GB download means I can't avail myself of TrueEarth so I've been looking at Just Flight's VFR Next Gen. (It also has the advantage of already covering my home area).

The tree sets I have -- stock and Orbx's high def trees -- are about 170% real UK size and they look very cartooninsh when flying below about 5000 feet. All the screenshots I've seen of the Next Gen scenery appear to have correctly sized trees but the product description says it has 3d autogen coverage. Is it just my eyes?

Does Next Gen have a smaller set or somehow scale the existing autogen objects? Is there a set of smaller trees available (like Feng Zhu's autogen for FS9)? And finally, is there some tool out there for adding objects to photoscenery, like FS9's Autogen Annotation Tool?

Thanks very much.

D

(one bonus flippant question)

• 4 weeks later...
I can answer the latter part of your question - Airport Design Editor and SBuilderX are good tools to add objects where needed. I believe there are payware tools to add scenery as well, but a name doesn't come to mind. To take it a little deeper you can find tools at the site FSDeveloper which may be of use.

There is a couple of demos for the Just Flight (JF) products you can check out - they can be found by clicking on the demo link at the bottom of the description or by going directly to the demo area of the website......

Vol 1 - covers a small area of the product located around the RMB Chivenor airfield in Devon - it is about 60mb in download size.

Vol 2 - no current demo available.

Vol 3 - covers a 500 sq km area of the Lake District, from Barrow-in-Furness up to the first mountains - it's 80mb in download size

You should note that, seeing as download size may be an issue, the full products are still quite sizable -both current available Vols (Vol 1 and 2) are each 6.3Gb in size.....

I don't think JF have any plans to issue them on DVD but you might be able to buy the product via a 3rd party vendor that also offers an additional backup solution for an additional fee, but you will need to check how updates will be delivered for the product brought via a 3rd party vendor as the JF blurb makes it clear that the product will be regularly updated.

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
Hi.

Despite it having suitably resized trees and custom scenery objects, the 42.2 GB download means I can't avail myself of TrueEarth so I've been looking at Just Flight's VFR Next Gen. (It also has the advantage of already covering my home area).

The tree sets I have -- stock and Orbx's high def trees -- are about 170% real UK size and they look very cartooninsh when flying below about 5000 feet. All the screenshots I've seen of the Next Gen scenery appear to have correctly sized trees but the product description says it has 3d autogen coverage. Is it just my eyes?

Does Next Gen have a smaller set or somehow scale the existing autogen objects? Is there a set of smaller trees available (like Feng Zhu's autogen for FS9)? And finally, is there some tool out there for adding objects to photoscenery, like FS9's Autogen Annotation Tool?

Thanks very much.

D

(one bonus flippant question)

Autogen contains a number of different-sized trees, as does the UK in real life. This has been an option since release of P3Dv1...

As a real world pilot from, the UK, I don't know where you get this `170%` notion from..? I am sitting at my computer looking out the window at trees that range in size from a large bush to some 150-footers over the road in the local park.