Real weather

Jive1

Hey!

I've been flying with FS2004 since it came out, and later with FSX, but nowadays I cannot get anymore the real weather. And flying Always in the samae weather is no longer interesting.

My queastion: how can I get the real waether again in that FSX ( not steam edition, but th good old Original FSX ). I tried several addon programs FSXWX, FSreamWX, Rex, etc; but none of them was really working…

Please inform how to fly with real weatyher in FSX.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

FSRealWx is a nice freebee.

https://www.fsrealwx.net/index.php

Excellent FREE Program. Make sure you dl file name fsrealwxv3_setup https://www.fsrealwx.com/ Just make a free account. - NOTE: In my Screen shot, ignore the Error lines, it's because I didn't have FS running Plus it was in the middle of downloading the weather info when I took the screen shot for you. Once you have your FS running, all that info changes & all the blank windows contain your flight info.

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Prostock

I have been testing FSrealWX several times, but I never succeeded to make it working. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't really believe that, maybe I don not understand how I should start...

Anyhow, I never made it work.

Is there somewhere a tutorial on the net?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

A couple of weeks ago some people had an issue with on weather update in fsrealwx. In fsrealwx "options" menu you can select one of two weather servers though. So if you get no weather update just select the other server. You do need to be running fsx as well to see the downloaded weather displayed in fsrealwx. Else it will just say "waiting for fs".

I never had it happen where both servers have no weather at the same time. One always worked. Those weather servers se outside servers btw, (vatsim and noaa) fsrealwx does not have it's own weather server.)

and fsxwx had an issue with it's weather server a couple of weeks ago. ( https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?310330-FSXWX-problems ). Maybe you just need to try again now. Btw, again, without fsx running as well you won't see the weather data (metar) displayed in fsxwx yet either.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been testing FSrealWX several times, but I never succeeded to make it working. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't really believe that, maybe I don not understand how I should start...

Anyhow, I never made it work.

Is there somewhere a tutorial on the net?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

The way I run FSrealWX is:

1. Keep FSrealWX CLOSED.

2. Start FSX

3. Set Flight Plan

4. Aircraft on Runway

5. Start FSrealWX

6. Click "Download WX"

7. Click Flight Plan

8. Load Flight Plan

9. Click Connect

And that's it. The weather will load and you can fly. This is the way "I" do it & it works perfect for "Me". I'm sure someone else will tell you a better way. Good luck

Hey!

I follow exactly the instructions and...still not working.

I ask myself: do I need a license? Register keys? I don't have....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Are you running, at least, the freeware version of FSUIPC? There needs to be something that will connect your 3rd party weather program to your Sim.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey! Prostock,

Well, I try to do as you explain, but the 'CONNECT' does not show in the menu...

What can be the reason why?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi - I'm not sure why it's not working for you. The procedure I typed out is how I get it to work for me. It may work the same for others also and may not. Make sure you have FSUIPC Installed. Connect is shown in my screen shot, this is the "Connect" you click. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_1.png

Hey!

I have in my system FSUIPC v4.927a Registered.

Could it be that one of the settings of FSUIPC must be modified?

I have also in my system Simconnect

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I didn't have to register FSUIPC from what I can remember (and I am not good at remembering) & as far as I know, I don't have Simconnect Installed. So, maybe one of the other guys here will be able to help you further. I wish you good luck & hope you get it working.

To be connected FSX needs to be running also. Not just FsRealWX.

When FSX is not running you will see: "-Not connected-" Displayed.

While playing fsx, is fsuipc actually active? See if FSUIPC is shown in menu bar---Addons menu.

I use FSRealWx LITE.

No connect button in that. Not needed. Just press "Start" to start.

In the options I set it to connect via both simconnect and FSUIPC (both).

I have FSUIPC unregistered, but registered would work also.

This is what FSrealWX-LITE looks like with a fsx flight running, and "Start" pressed.

FSrealWX.PNG

And here;s where you find the options:

FSrealWX options.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Experiencing the same since the default FSX / FSX-SE real weather fetching went down early February 2019. People will suggest dozens of freeware / payware weather engines, which is brilliant, but not one of them matches -or even comes close to- the one-click convenience of the built in (FSX stock) weather option.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey!

I did a try with FSrealWX Lite…

On the first try this worked good: I had the weather and it changed when I fly from one to another airport.

The question is now: why not with FSrealWX v3.0 ????

What could be the reason?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I did a try with FSrealWX Lite…

On the first try this worked good: I had the weather and it changed when I fly from one to another airport.

The question is now: why not with FSrealWX v3.0 ????

What could be the reason?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

1: You stuffed the installation up

2: You don't have a registered or unregistered copy of FSUIPC

3: The version of FSRealWX is incompatible with your sim

Pick one...

Perhaps check if you have the latest version of FSUIPC! Or do a 'clean swipe', by removing FSUIPC from your simulator and then installing it again in to sim.

Also make sure you haven't got any already present weather add-ons that might be interfering with the program. It can be easy to forget with so many add-ons that everyone installs in to the sim.