Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real weather

Default Real weather

Hey!
    I've been flying with FS2004 since it came out, and later with FSX, but nowadays I cannot get anymore the real weather. And flying Always in the samae weather is no longer interesting.
    My queastion: how can I get the real waether again in that FSX ( not steam edition, but th good old Original FSX ). I tried several addon programs FSXWX, FSreamWX, Rex, etc; but none of them was really working…
    Please inform how to fly with real weatyher in FSX.
    Greetz
    Jive1 - Belgium

I recently caved and bought AS16 (ActiveSky16) and don't regret it. I'm probably going to get the ASCA (Active Sky Cloud Art soon to compliment AS16.

3. Default

FSRealWx is a nice freebee.

https://www.fsrealwx.net/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hff View Post
    FSRealWx is a nice freebee.

https://www.fsrealwx.net/index.php
    Excellent FREE Program. Make sure you dl file name fsrealwxv3_setup https://www.fsrealwx.com/ Just make a free account. - NOTE: In my Screen shot, ignore the Error lines, it's because I didn't have FS running Plus it was in the middle of downloading the weather info when I took the screen shot for you. Once you have your FS running, all that info changes & all the blank windows contain your flight info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	209737  
    Last edited by Prostock; 05-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.

I have been testing FSrealWX several times, but I never succeeded to make it working. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't really believe that, maybe I don not understand how I should start...
    Anyhow, I never made it work.
    Is there somewhere a tutorial on the net?
    Greetz
    Jive1 - Belgium

6. Default

A couple of weeks ago some people had an issue with on weather update in fsrealwx. In fsrealwx "options" menu you can select one of two weather servers though. So if you get no weather update just select the other server. You do need to be running fsx as well to see the downloaded weather displayed in fsrealwx. Else it will just say "waiting for fs".
    I never had it happen where both servers have no weather at the same time. One always worked. Those weather servers se outside servers btw, (vatsim and noaa) fsrealwx does not have it's own weather server.)

and fsxwx had an issue with it's weather server a couple of weeks ago. ( https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...FSXWX-problems ). Maybe you just need to try again now. Btw, again, without fsx running as well you won't see the weather data (metar) displayed in fsxwx yet either.
    Last edited by il88pp; 05-27-2019 at 06:31 AM.

I have active sky 16 and cloud art. They work well and look great. its money well spent.

8. Default

In my case, it is started before FSX and must be run as administrator. Then start FSX.

Default Starting FSrealWX

Quote Originally Posted by Jive1 View Post
    I have been testing FSrealWX several times, but I never succeeded to make it working. Maybe I do something wrong, but I don't really believe that, maybe I don not understand how I should start...
    Anyhow, I never made it work.
    Is there somewhere a tutorial on the net?
    Greetz
    Jive1 - Belgium
    The way I run FSrealWX is:

1. Keep FSrealWX CLOSED.
    2. Start FSX
    3. Set Flight Plan
    4. Aircraft on Runway
    5. Start FSrealWX
    6. Click "Download WX"
    7. Click Flight Plan
    8. Load Flight Plan
    9. Click Connect

And that's it. The weather will load and you can fly. This is the way "I" do it & it works perfect for "Me". I'm sure someone else will tell you a better way. Good luck

Yes this works very well ! Pete Sydney

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast