Air Virginia

Thanks Peer. This airline was not on any sim sites and I decided to do the paints, as it's a great livery.

Gerard, the airline doesn't exist anymore. Here is my brief history of it:

Lynchburg based Air Virginia was formed by Rodney H. Jaeger in January 1979, and started operations with daily flights to Washington DC. They initially used Fairchild (Swearingen) Metro IIs, and Piper Navajo Chieftains. In 1981 they introduced the British Aerospace BAe 748-B2 to the fleet. 1983 saw them buy and merge Mid-South Airlines. Their route network expanded to 17 destinations by 1984; Maryland, Virginia,New York, New Jersey, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia. Later that year, the airline was purchased by Dimitri P. Nicholas. In 1985 they became a commuter partner of American Airlines, and inaugurated flights as the third member of the American Eagle commuter network. They changed their name to AV Air in November 1985, but by 1988 the airline ceased operations.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic as usual Ted, I will be downloading, 748 is one of my favs too.

Have you ever thought of going over the pond and do some British/European airlines, I know there are plenty knocking about but your paints are exceptional?

If you already have point us to them as I may have missed them or already got them without realising lol.

Col.

Very nice! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
Wonderfull paints I flew for Air Virginia for 4 1/2 years great place to work they became the first American Eagle owned by American Airlines and are now a part of Envoy Air the main American Eagle now-a-days worked out great for the pilots as most flowed thru and are just now retiring as 30 year American Airlines Captains