Question on Updating Boxed Add Ons

Hi all:

As we all know some addons come both in boxed version and in download versions, although this approach seems to be fading in favor of only downloads. Nonetheless, when I purchase a boxed version of an add on today and the developer continues to improve and fix the baseline for sale of future versions, should I expect to receive a no cost downloaded update for the installed box version? It seems that if the download original purchasers receive free updates, why shouldn't the boxed purchasers?

Thank you,

Rick

My experience with a AlphaSim B-24 Liberator Boxed.

I noticed on the renamed Virtavia web site, they had a free Tanker version add-on for the B-24.

I contacted them and they told me the update would not work for the boxed version. So he gave me FREE links for the download version AND the add-on. Didn't even ask for any proof of sale.

Guess you just need to contact the website and see what they can do.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Has anything been said about no free updates to the boxed users? Have you contacted the Developer about this?

Nothing has been said either way in my case but the developer is dragging their feet in providing an update to the boxed which I purchased earlier.

Nothing has been said either way in my case but the developer is dragging their feet in providing an update to the boxed which I purchased earlier.

Sounds like the ball is in your court! You can either sit in silence and hope for the best or get in touch with them and get a definite answer. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi all:

Closure!

Thank you for your help everybody! The D finally rolled over on this and provided me a download update. I am very happy and have no complaints with the D. I don't see any reason to mention their name but is anyone has a need to know then please send me a private note and I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Rick