Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Posky A340s reluctant to takeoff.

1. Default Posky A340s reluctant to takeoff.

Hello
    I like the Posky 340s....BUT! They are extremely hard to get airborne . Even on very long runways I am almost out of rwy before the aircraft reluctantly takes to the air .
    I am not overweight or carrying to much fuel (last night's flight about 35% fuel onboard and passenger/cargo weight all within recommended limits ). Once airborne climb ,cruise, descent ,landing etc no issues there, just takeoff (flap settings etc correct as well)
    Is there anything within the Aircraft cfg I can alter that may help?
    Any info gratefully received.

Cheers Andy

Hiya Socks! Are you giving that beasty any elevator trim before blasting down the runway?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Hiya Socks! Are you giving that beasty any elevator trim before blasting down the runway?
    Hello Zip!
    Hope all's well with you.
    I can't say I have trimmed the elevator on the 340 ,but! I don't on any of my other assorted Poskies ,Ifdg,PAs etc and takeoff is fine with all these aircraft.
    What would you recommend?
    I will give it a try this evening.

Cheers
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    Hello Zip!
    Hope all's well with you.
    I can't say I have trimmed the elevator on the 340 ,but! I don't on any of my other assorted Poskies ,Ifdg,PAs etc and takeoff is fine with all these aircraft.
    What would you recommend?
    I will give it a try this evening.

Cheers
    Andy
    Doing fine and all is well, thanks! Maybe just before applying power, give the (Numpad1) two or three clicks and see if it helps.

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

Doing fine and all is well, thanks! Maybe just before applying power, give the (Numpad1) two or three clicks and see if it helps.
    Thanks Zip
    I will give that a try tonight.
    I let you know what occurs.
    Just out of interest I have loaded up a few different aircraft and they load with no trim set(0)

Andy

Just for grins, I tried an FS2004 POSKY Swissair A340. I had 184,000 lbs of fuel on board and gave it 3 clicks of elevator trim. At about 94% N1 it lifted off the runway (5000) feet long, at the very end of it. Not too shabby!

7. Default

Just for grins, I tried an FS2004 POSKY Swissair A340. I had 184,000 lbs of fuel on board and gave it 3 clicks of elevator trim. At about 94% N1 it lifted off the runway (5000) feet long, at the very end of it. Not too shabby!
    Good stuff!
    Just one thing further, once airborne and climbing safely , should I reset the trim back to to the 0 position?
    I have been doing a little internet searching on the subject and it seems in reality the A340 has an automated trimming system.

cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    Good stuff!
    Just one thing further, once airborne and climbing safely , should I reset the trim back to to the 0 position?
    I have been doing a little internet searching on the subject and it seems in reality the A340 has an automated trimming system.

cheers Andy
    I would hit the Numpad5 key to set all controls to 0 and continue on from there. I would not count on any Sim aircraft (maybe payware) to have an automatic trim capability.

9. Default

I would hit the Numpad5 key to set all controls to 0 and continue on from there. I would not count on any Sim aircraft (maybe payware) to have an automatic trim capability.
    Yes the few other posts I found concerning the A340 and the real aircrafts auto trim also mentioned that this system was unlikely on an FSim aircraft .

Andy

10. Default

It has, but it requires to have an initial trim set for takeoff. After the plane is flying, the plane is able to trim by itself.
    Best regards,
    Luis Hern√°ndez

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast