Low graphics when in air and approaching destination

Hello all, I have on my FSX Steam Edition all graphic settings set to ultra high, and I close chrome and google earth before playing FSX, the graphics are good on the ground prior to take off, but when airborne and approaching my destination (for example Moscow to Amsterdam) the graphics of the scenery (not the airport and the aircraft and the buildings and trees and cars, they are fine) is very low, I've checked everything, this is my graphics settings:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 530.0

Target Frame Rating is Unlimited

Full screen resolution is 1920x1080x16

Filtering is trilinear

Anti-aliasing is off (since I've no clue what that is, same goes for bilinear and anisotropic)

Global Texture resolution is to its max (to the right)

DirectX10 is off (since some planes don't work on that, in other words they are grey)

Lens flare, light bloom and advanced animations are checked

My PC:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Classification is 5,9

Procession is 3.10 GHz

RAM is 6,00 GB

64-bit

Does anyone know how I can fix that?

Your color depth is 16bit, please select 32bit 1920x1080x32 fullscreen resolution, or whatever the native resolution is for your monitor and desktop.

Select "Anisotropic" texture filtering - make sure you also have 16x AF (Anisotropic Filtering) selected in your graphics card control panel. AntiAliasing AA can be set to 4x for your hardware level which is the FSX default Nvidia Control Panel 3-D profile. If you are looking to remove more unsightly jagged edges on objects and aircraft you may need to increase the AA setting to 8xS, although this may be too much for your system hardware to handle and reduce your overall FPS.

Lens flare & Bloom Off, Advanced Animations On.

Out of box DX10 Preview does not work properly, it is an unfinished technology implementation. The DX10 fixer by Steve Parsons, will make FSX DX10 Preview somewhat complete, if you head over to AVSIM library you can get the freeware fixer, which may improve your overall FSX sim experience. FS2004/FS9 port over aircraft, textures are not broken with the DX10 fixer, if you like you can also get the Payware version it has a settings CP along with many other enhancements not available in the free version. Experiment with the freeware fixer first, to see if you like the enhancements.

And yes it will be a good idea to reduce your Framerate to 25 or 30 at the most, no need to have your 3.10Ghz processor over working additional CPU cycles.

Edited by jethrom

Hello all, I have on my FSX Steam Edition all graphic settings set to ultra high, and I close chrome and google earth before playing FSX, the graphics are good on the ground prior to take off, but when airborne and approaching my destination (for example Moscow to Amsterdam) the graphics of the scenery (not the airport and the aircraft and the buildings and trees and cars, they are fine) is very low, I've checked everything, this is my graphics settings:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 530.0

Target Frame Rating is Unlimited

Full screen resolution is 1920x1080x16

Filtering is trilinear

Anti-aliasing is off (since I've no clue what that is, same goes for bilinear and anisotropic)

Global Texture resolution is to its max (to the right)

DirectX10 is off (since some planes don't work on that, in other words they are grey)

Lens flare, light bloom and advanced animations are checked

My PC:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Classification is 5,9

Procession is 3.10 GHz

RAM is 6,00 GB

64-bit

Does anyone know how I can fix that?

Yes. Turn the settings UP. And dump that graphics card. Too weedy for FSX

NVIDIA GeForce GT 530.0 - Dump this for a useful card

Target Frame Rating is Unlimited - Who told you to do this? Set 25 fps and forget about trying to reach frames your system cannot handle!

Full screen resolution is 1920x1080x16 - No, Set 32 bit and make sure resolution matches that of your monitor

Filtering is trilinear - Anistropic x16 is the best setting for a flight sim

Anti-aliasing is off (since I've no clue what that is, same goes for bilinear and anisotropic) - Set the highest level for your system. If you don't know what that is, simple experimentation should see you through while you learn.

Global Texture resolution is to its max (to the right) - No, no, NO! Not on that POS rig. Be realistic

Lens flare, light bloom and advanced animations are checked - UNcheck these and add them one at a time to see their impact on frame rates and user experience.

My PC:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - No way! Using a dead OS for a Flight Simulator!? You're going to need to upgrade THAT!

Classification is 5,9

Procession is 3.10 GHz

RAM is 6,00 GB - HOW did you arrive at that? Matched pars are usually divisible by 2, suggesting you have mismatched RAM sets. In any case upgrade to at least 16 gig, to match the OS you upgrade to (a 64-bit OS has no practical limit on RAM)

64-bit

For the rest, post content of FSX .cfg. Basically, you need a new computer - you are about three generations behind which precludes high settings and ANY advanced addons.