Hey everybody

CRJ_simpilot

There's really no off topic subforum, so I guest this is as good a place to post to. I've been having pain in my top part of the stomach and today I just got back from the ER. They did an ultrasound and found out I have gallstones. So in the near future here I'll be having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Posting here in case I actually die on the operating table. Pretty unlikely but you never know and if that should ever happen you'll know why I'm not posting here anymore. :(

Hey!

Welcome to the Gall Bladder Gone Club ;)

I got mine out a while back, and was up and gone the next morning. In one afternoon, out the next morning. I don't know what your doc is going to do, but they didn't even slice me open. Just used the laparoscopic method. 2 small cuts, heck, I've cut myself worse by accident, in goes the borescope, out comes the gall bladder. I think it took them about 30 min actual slice & dice time, the rest was putting me to sleep and waiting for me to wake up.

No pain at all, either, and I had a whole 2 stitches I pulled out a week or so later.

The whole point here is, don't sweat it. Yes, you COULD die on the table, but chances are pretty small. Presuming you get a decent anaethesiologist (gas passer :D ), who hasn't been into his own mixtures too much, you'll be pretty safe. Heck, I even died on the table back in '92 during eye surgery. Spent a whole 7 minutes on the other side. Don't remember a thing. Didn't even know until my wife told me about it a few years later :p

Never fear, they're pretty good these days, and the less invasive the surgery, the safer you are. Heck, take your laptop to the hospital with you, and we'll see you back on the next morning, while you're waiting for the doc to show up to let you go home :)

Good luck to ya!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Good luck on that proceedure. They got that type down pat anymore and is very safe. The other reason I am posting is: don't forget to take a sweater or hoodie, so you don't get chill and catch p-monia as it's miserably cold in the hospitals now a days.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).