Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confession time

Default Confession time

After all this time I only just found out you can change altitude speed etc by rolling the mouse wheel over the control >.<

Haha (slap my own face)

2. Default

Wow! HAHA Pretty cool isn't it? I use the mouse wheel all the time. It's like cheating.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

And, if you have FS2004 & a paid version of FSUIPC, it acts as a trim wheel.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Wow! HAHA Pretty cool isn't it? I use the mouse wheel all the time. It's like cheating.
    It's like a Godsend, thinking of all the time I was chasing the dials to click them while descending lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Enko View Post
    It's like a Godsend, thinking of all the time I was chasing the dials to click them while descending lol!
    Also check out whether the aircraft changes the order of magnitude on right click - hundreds to thousands for altimeter or `1`'s to `10`s for speed. Some aircraft do that... Carenado for example.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    And, if you have FS2004 & a paid version of FSUIPC, it acts as a trim wheel.
    I don't recall having the paid version of FSUIPC to trim with the mouse wheel at all.

OOM errors? Read this.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    I don't recall having the paid version of FSUIPC to trim with the mouse wheel at all.
    I don't have FSUIPC paid either CRJ

It's right there in the Miscellaneous menu of FSUIPC, right column, 'Additional Features', in the middle. (tick box - Use mousewheel for trim)

FSUIPC (paid) also allows far better calibration that FS's settings, & what is great for me, has a whole lot more of key assignments that FS2004 has, including separate assignments for Gear Up & Gear Down, & that works perfectly with the toggle switch on my CHProducts yoke.

Just read the manual that comes with the free version, & that will tell you all the advantages of FSUIPC
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

9. Default

Yeah, I remember that in the paid-for version when I had FS2004. But I can do the same thing in FSX without a third-party module. And I can probably do it in FS2004 without FSUIPC as well. Also, you can always go into FS's button assignments and change the gear up and down buttons to the yoke buttons as well. You really don't need FSUIPC for that even though it's one of its features. Why I'm not sure. Believe me. I have the CH Products pedals and yoke and I just have the free version of FSUIPC to help mitigate certain issues that FSUIPC fixes among other things, and I was able to go into the button assignments and assign my buttons in the Sim its self.

As to the mouse wheel for trim, etc. Perhaps FSUIPC does have a better fine grained ability. But I never really saw a problem using trim, heading, altitude, etc with the mouse wheel in FSX with just the free version of FSUIPC.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 05-27-2019 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Can't decide on grained or granular

OOM errors? Read this.

No problem at all, it's just that in FS2004, you only have 'G' as a toggle for Gear Up & Gear Down.
    You cannot assign separate buttons for Up & Down. So it cannot be done on the yoke's toggle.

I also found FSUIPC great for calibrating far better than the default calibration setting.

As a FS2004 user, I cannot speak for, or compare FSUIPC's usage within FSX.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast