Confession time

Enko

Wow! HAHA Pretty cool isn't it? I use the mouse wheel all the time. It's like cheating.

It's like a Godsend, thinking of all the time I was chasing the dials to click them while descending lol!

It's like a Godsend, thinking of all the time I was chasing the dials to click them while descending lol!

Also check out whether the aircraft changes the order of magnitude on right click - hundreds to thousands for altimeter or `1`'s to `10`s for speed. Some aircraft do that... Carenado for example.

It's right there in the Miscellaneous menu of FSUIPC, right column, 'Additional Features', in the middle. (tick box - Use mousewheel for trim)

FSUIPC (paid) also allows far better calibration that FS's settings, & what is great for me, has a whole lot more of key assignments that FS2004 has, including separate assignments for Gear Up & Gear Down, & that works perfectly with the toggle switch on my CHProducts yoke.

Just read the manual that comes with the free version, & that will tell you all the advantages of FSUIPC

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yeah, I remember that in the paid-for version when I had FS2004. But I can do the same thing in FSX without a third-party module. And I can probably do it in FS2004 without FSUIPC as well. Also, you can always go into FS's button assignments and change the gear up and down buttons to the yoke buttons as well. You really don't need FSUIPC for that even though it's one of its features. Why I'm not sure. Believe me. I have the CH Products pedals and yoke and I just have the free version of FSUIPC to help mitigate certain issues that FSUIPC fixes among other things, and I was able to go into the button assignments and assign my buttons in the Sim its self.

As to the mouse wheel for trim, etc. Perhaps FSUIPC does have a better fine grained ability. But I never really saw a problem using trim, heading, altitude, etc with the mouse wheel in FSX with just the free version of FSUIPC.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot
Can't decide on grained or granular

No problem at all, it's just that in FS2004, you only have 'G' as a toggle for Gear Up & Gear Down.

You cannot assign separate buttons for Up & Down. So it cannot be done on the yoke's toggle.

I also found FSUIPC great for calibrating far better than the default calibration setting.

As a FS2004 user, I cannot speak for, or compare FSUIPC's usage within FSX.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Also, you can always go into FS's button assignments and change the gear up and down buttons to the yoke buttons as well. You really don't need FSUIPC for that even though it's one of its features. Why I'm not sure.

The assignments in paid FSUIPC are far more versatile than those in the FS assignments, and include assignable functions that don't show up in the FS assignments pages. FSUIPC also lets you assign buttons, etc. differently to each aircraft, should you wish to do so, meaning that one button or axis can be assigned to spoilers in aircraft so equipped, but that same button or axis can be assigned to retract pontoons in another aircraft, and maybe to water rudders in another.

And if there is a reason to do so, you can even assign an action to operate when the button is pushed, and a different action to when the button is released, should that be desirable, even if only for one aircraft.

Of course there are many other reasons that paid FSUIPC can be desirable, but it's far from necessary just to use the sim. So it all depends on what you want to do.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!