Which addons do you really need for Prepar3D?

2lucasandrew

Hi!

Thinking about buying prepar3d. Got a few questions beforehand:

What addons do you need MINIMUM besides airlpane addons? Scenery, weather, clouds etc.

Is there an addon that adds visual shaking on the runway during landing/takeoff and windy weather?

What are currently the best Airbuses you can get? Had the Professional A320 back in the FSX days, was quite okay. I would love to fly an A330, but the only one I found (Blackbox) doesn't seem to be even mid-level. What about an A330 Freighter addon? And is there any info about the Aerosoft A330 release date?

Here are my specs, just so you can leave out whatever would not run smoothly. Can I expect okay/good/great fps at high details?Ryzen 5 2600GTX 108032GB RAM

SSD

Oculus Rift CV1 (I will definitely play in VR, no way around it. Once I tried that in DCS, I can't imagine going back to monitor.)

Thank you!

Hi!

What addons do you need MINIMUM besides airlpane addons? Scenery, weather, clouds etc.

Is there an addon that adds visual shaking on the runway during landing/takeoff and windy weather?

What are currently the best Airbuses you can get? Had the Professional A320 back in the FSX days, was quite okay. I would love to fly an A330, but the only one I found (Blackbox) doesn't seem to be even mid-level. What about an A330 Freighter addon? And is there any info about the Aerosoft A330 release date?

Here are my specs, just so you can leave out whatever would not run smoothly. Can I expect okay/good/great fps at high details?Ryzen 5 2600GTX 108032GB RAM

SSD

Oculus Rift CV1 (I will definitely play in VR, no way around it. Once I tried that in DCS, I can't imagine going back to monitor.)

Thank you!

Any you want for your airplane and flight choices.

An exception is a weather engine which P3D does not include by default. ASP4 or REX SkyForce are the payware choices, there are freeware options too

To me, there isn't really any add-on that I must have. I would fly around in the default for awhile and I think you will start to discover what add-ons you do want to improve your flight experience. Maybe you lean towards finding the right aircraft or maybe it's scenery, airports or weather/clouds you want to improve. There are literally hundreds of choices and everyone has their favorites, but their favorite may not be yours. I could easily say I could not live without my FSUIPC but others may say "eh, I can do without".

When you see something that interest you, check up on by searching posts about it. That way you can get an overall view from many simmers about the add-on. And have fun with the searching! Welcome to the forums.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

Thank you!

Google these: EZDOK (also referred to as EZCA) or Chaseplane.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR