Thread: Texture Assignment Question

Default Texture Assignment Question

With permission of the Mach1 scenery design authors, I am in the process of revamping and retexturing Southwest Florida KRSW for FS9. I have a texturing issue which I addressed with the original authors and unfortunately they are unable to assist as their lives have gone other directions etc.

The issue I am having is that a certain texture is assigned to cover two areas on buildings. The texture works great on one building but is horribly repetitive on the other. Therefore, I wish to design a new texture for the second area - which I have since done. NOW THE PROBLEM.. I have no idea how to assign this texture within the given BGL file.

I have read much of late and have downloaded and installed several programs which decompile, analyzes, and recompile’s the BGL. However, I see no where within the XML or anywhere else which indicates where texture BMP’s are assigned.

If anyone is willing to give me some directions on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. The KRSW scenery will continue to be freeware.

Thank you,

I believe you need to assign textures in the .mdl file that is referenced in the .bgl file.
    Gygabyte GA-Z170-HD3P MB, Intel i5-6600K 4.1Ghz CPU, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960-2GB Graphics, Skill 8GB DDR4-2800 SDRAM, Patriot 240GB SSD, WD 320GB HD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Art,

Many thanks for your input. I’m familiar with reference to the BGL files but ignorant on the MDL file.

I am familiar with MDL files as they relate to aircraft. That said, I looked over the original KRSW scenery and there are no MDL files within the directory structure. Is this something possibly the original author used to create the scenery and chose not to include in the release?

And help greatly appreciated,

Mitch

There are no .mdl files in installed sceneries. Does the XML of the .bgl file reference a library object or a source file?
    Gygabyte GA-Z170-HD3P MB, Intel i5-6600K 4.1Ghz CPU, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960-2GB Graphics, Skill 8GB DDR4-2800 SDRAM, Patriot 240GB SSD, WD 320GB HD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI