Adam's 140 thread got me thinking!

I had downloads for Cessna 170A, 170B (no glass) and 185's (several liveries, all missing glass, but fly well). I went searching this afternoon and found the original download of the 170B, which had glass, so I replaced the one I had that was missing glass! Here she is, not only the aircraft itself, but a female pilot at that! I have met many female pilots, but never one who would take on a tail dragger! My hat goes off to this young lady!

2019-5-18_18-8-57-709.jpg

Rick :cool:

You got that right Gerard. I think I should have chosen my wording in my thread a little better. There are female pilots out there that are very accomplished with taildragger aircraft, such as Patty Wagstaff (Extra), Mary Gaffney (Pitts) and the list probably goes on............. I was just referring to the average female pilots you see flying General aviation aircraft. You see them flying complex aircraft, Bonanza's, Barons, high performance Cessna's, but seldom do you see them flying taildraggers. Taildraggers are a whole different breed of aircraft! Anyone that's flown them, know what I am saying!

Sorry, Ladies, I did not want to offend any of you out there, and just needed to "clear the air" on what I should have said! My apologies!

Edited by Downwind66

Hey Rick, that's a nice plane! I'm old enough that almost anything I ever said in my life could be mis-construed as sexist, racist, whatever! And the youngest among us would probably be misunderstood by we others as well. That's part of life!!

We who are old don't trust those who are middle aged. Those who are middle aged don't trust those who are old and not those who are younger either.

And finally, those who are young already know it all and they don't understand why their elders won't get the hell out of the way and let them save the world!!

As I recall in the 1960's, that was exactly how I felt!! It seems the older I get, the dumber I was!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That is a nice one Rick and I like the paint too. :cool: :cool: :) I had the FS9 version sometime ago, but I don't know what I did with it.

Yes, Larry, it was an FS2004 download. As you can see, it's dated March of 2009

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation

FS2004 Cessna 170B

[ Download | View ]

Name: alphc170.zip

Size: 3,430,762 Date: 03-16-2009 Downloads: 3,738

FS2004 Cessna 170B v1.1 A freeware model by Alphasim. Includes one model and one texture set. Complete cockpit with 2D panel/updated gauges and VC.

Rick

Michael - Everything you said makes a whole lot of sense to me! BUT, even in just carrying on conversations on a flight sim site, there is surely someone out there to come along and question your comments because they are not "politically correct!" I might be partially correct in what I say, but, I wasn't careful in covering all the bases! In today's environment, I catch myself saying something, and then questioning myself, "Wait a minute, did I say that correctly? Times have changed and sometimes I don't like what I see; sad to say!

As far as "getting the hell out of the way," that will come sooner than we realize, so bear with me while I (and you too Michael) am still here! :rolleyes:

Thanks Michael! Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Adam - I never said there was a problem? I was only saying in case somebody didn't know the difference between the "A" and "B" model. When I started flight simming, I downloaded all the aircraft my grandfather and dad owned after they got their PPL's. In this order of ownership,

Aeronca Chief, Cessna 170A, Cessna 170B, and finally the Cessna 180. I flew sky divers for a while flying a Cessna 170B, so that aircraft I am very familiar with!

Oh, forgot to share, her other plane, a Cessna 170A (same plane, smaller flaps) OOPS, did I say that correctly? :rolleyes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]209679[/ATTACH]

I was talking about your "OOPS" statement. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm old enough that almost anything I ever said in my life could be mis-construed as sexist, racist, whatever...

Completely agree with Rupert. And what I'd posted about female pilots was about sociology, not ideology :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net