Confused on "Flight sim 18" and add-ons

msnook

Hello all,

I've been a "Flight Simmer" for probably 20 years but never got into the add-ons or anything else, besides downloading planes and scenery from here. I've seen these videos on YouTube that mention "Flight Sim 18" and whatnot. I've finally figured out that it's FSX with add-ons. I am hoping that there may be someone out there that can make sense of what I should do, from a basic stand point, to upgrade FSX into a quality simulator for the current times. I've tried X-Plane trial but the controls did not feel even close to realistic. Any advice would be appreciated for me who has been out of the loop and has no knowledge of what's out there. Would like to keep the cost lower... But what I've seen in videos is absolutely amazing.

Thank you all,

Mike

DO NOT believe most of what you are seeing in those videos. Lots of editing and manipulation is going on with video processors. This is your first post here in over 9 years??:confused:

More info will be needed as to the type of flying, either GA or tubeliners. That will pretty much determine what type of scenery you should be looking at.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

FltSim 18 is NOT, NOT, NOT FSX on steroids (ie: with addons). It is software sold by 'OviLex Software' for PC, or Android phones. You get it free because it has Ads between flights, change of plane, top of hour, plus a dozen other 'excuses' to paste ads, even when you are flying (banner across top of screen). So it's 'ok' to play with. But the ads would drive me crazy. They also have Truck Driver and Driving School programs. You earn $$ ('save' to buy planes) by flying. But they have upgrades, addons, etc, up to $49.99 if you got the dineros.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Yes, believe it or not, first post ever. Like I wrote, I come for the occasional new plane every once in a while.. But I'm the take off, skip to 8x speed across the US, then land. I was flight simming long before I ever became a pilot (private only) and it's an amazing program that I don't take advantage of nearly as often as I should. Of course in Flight Sim, I prefer the airline route.. Thank you again! And to the other posts..

Here's one example of a YouTube video...

But now I am seeing that this is Prepar3d as the flight sim.. That is just super detailed.... Insane what these games can do!

Here is a better link to the Flight Sim 18 page: http://www.ovilex.com/app/flight-sim-2018/
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).