Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Overcast in FSE

1. Default No Overcast in FSE

Is anyone still using FSE? After I was sent the latest update to correct the license problem my overcast no longer works. I have done numerous flights into and out of KBGR this past week. Every time the METAR showed overcast FSE was giving me mostly cloudy skies with about 20% blue skies. There was one day where the METAR showed overcast with rain. I got the rain but I could see a lot of blue sky.
    I have emailed Hifi support with this issue. They asked for several different log files which I promptly sent them. Then 3 days ago they stopped responding to me. No fix. No we need more time. Nothing. I have politely asked them if they have any more information and I have been ignored for days.
    Does anyone know how to get overcast skies in FSE? I have read the manual several times and made sure that my settings in FSE as well as the paid version of FSUIPC are correct as stated in the manual. FSE worked perfectly up until the latest update was sent to me. I am reaching out to the FS9 community now since Hifi support has decided to stop helping me. Any ideas? Thank you.

FSE? I think you mean ASE (Active Sky Evolution). I'd suggest uninstalling the update from Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a program. Then restart your PC, download the update again and re-install it.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

3. Default

I think you brought this up not long ago. I went and checked mine after reading your post as I did last time. I checked the metar and several airports particularly for overcast skies. It was dead accurate every single time. The issue is not happening to everyone. It would not be possible for just overcast skies to stop working The ASE program isn't going to change so the only way this could happen is if the metars contained the wrong information. The metars definitely do show overcast skies and ASE does display them.

Regarding support, ASE is discontinued, any support you get is a bonus. We're lucky at this point the program still works at all.

Good luck resolving the issue but I can confirm both the metars and ASE are correct.
    Mark Daniels

4. Default

Have you tried completely removing FSUIPC and reinstalling it? In particular the ini file needs to go.

I haven't looked at ASE settings and not sure if there is anything in there that may prevent fully overcast skies being shown, be worth checking there as well.
    Mark Daniels

Have you set your FS weather settings to the max (or as specified in the ASE manual)?
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    FSE? I think you mean ASE (Active Sky Evolution). I'd suggest uninstalling the update from Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a program. Then restart your PC, download the update again and re-install it.

You are right. ASE. I'm sorry. I am a member of numerous support forums including Windows 10 and I got confused. My bad. I didn't have an issue until the new update they sent me. What I noticed yesterday is the METAR is showing overcast skies but the information listed in TAF below it is showing broken. I am wondering if the error comes from this different information? I will try uninstalling FSUIPC and reinstall it to see if it matters. But I think the problem lies in the difference between the METAR and TAF readings. I need to study up on what TAF is and why it would be different in ASE. And yes I have set weather settings in FS9 to maximum. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bam1220 View Post
    You are right. ASE. I'm sorry.
    No problem, it's easily done and we knew what you meant anyway so no need to apologize. I think the problem may be with the ASE update rather than your FSUIPC settings because the ASE update wouldn't affect your FSUIPC settings.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

8. Default

Loaded up the sim and started a flight at KBGR today because it was overcast and raining. The METAR and TAF information in ASE was the same. And I had rain as well as overcast skies. I was extremely happy. I am going to keep an eye on it. It seems that the problem might crop up when the METAR does not match the TAF. I have been seeing this discrepancy a lot over the past week at different airports.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bam1220 View Post
    What I noticed yesterday is the METAR is showing overcast skies but the information listed in TAF below it is showing broken. I am wondering if the error comes from this different information?
    The METAR shows the current conditions, this is what ASE should be displaying. TAF is the future forecast so the two will often not match.
    Mark Daniels

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    The METAR shows the current conditions, this is what ASE should be displaying. TAF is the future forecast so the two will often not match.
    Right. But for some reason my ASE won't show overcast when those two don't match. I have no idea why. The METAR will show overcast and the TAF will not. Then I don't get overcast in FS9. But if they both show overcast then I get overcast. Again no idea why. I am about ready to give up and use another program. But I paid for ASE and I like it. Maybe it has something to do with the update that was sent to me. I had perfect overcast skies before the update. Anyway thanks to all of you that answered. If the issue crops up gain I'll just use another program.
    Last edited by bam1220; 05-20-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast