New Cessna 140 from Aeroplane Heaven

Beautiful shots of the C140!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

This is great news!

Back in the day - wa-a-a-y back ('62) - I took my Commercial training in 140's at a flight school in Ardmore, OK. We were all so young and cocky, and did fun things like drag the runway with only the tail wheel on the ground. Did my long x-ctry Ardmore to Waco, TX, during which the left leading edge screws came loose and I made a not very "emergency" landing at Dallas Love Field. A good mechanic with the right tools and I was on my way in less than half an hour. I actually finished the run with the return to ADM ahead of the "partner" who left at the same time: for some reason he liked to be low-level - claimed he could match the route to the chart flight plan better - but I liked 6500 feet and got good winds. That area is known as Tornado Alley (see the recent Texas flooding for proof) and we arrived at home base only about 40 minutes of a beauty. Good day all around: long solo flight, mechanical problem solved, good flight planning and beat the bad weather. Nothing quite like being 21, 10 feet tall and bullet proof, eh?

Hey "Flexable"! We all felt that way at age 20!! I'm always surprised so many of us ever got to 30!!!:eek::eek:

And Adam, that's another wonderful piece of "Eye Candy!"

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

always surprised so many of us ever got to 30!!!

Bizarre as people who have lived a lot share the same views. When looking back -- not too much ;);) -- I always think that, should had I not leave for Africa, maybe I would have been dead since long, of staying among university intellectuals! :cool:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

This is a beautiful set of shots of a glorious aircraft. I was never fortunate enough to fly one of these but still remember there was a derelict metal 140 at the local flying club (in excellent shape). As a kid I spent hours sitting in its cockpit playing with the controls, daydreaming I was flying it. :) Well done Adam.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What sim are you using Adam?

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautimus pics of the old 140! I came close to buying a pristine 180 a couple of years ago and am glad I didn't go through with the purchase. After all, my new address would have been Cessna 180 Dr. @ hangar# whatever...haha!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

This is great news!

Back in the day - wa-a-a-y back ('62) - I took my Commercial training in 140's at a flight school in Ardmore, OK. We were all so young and cocky, and did fun things like drag the runway with only the tail wheel on the ground. Did my long x-ctry Ardmore to Waco, TX, during which the left leading edge screws came loose and I made a not very "emergency" landing at Dallas Love Field. A good mechanic with the right tools and I was on my way in less than half an hour. I actually finished the run with the return to ADM ahead of the "partner" who left at the same time: for some reason he liked to be low-level - claimed he could match the route to the chart flight plan better - but I liked 6500 feet and got good winds. That area is known as Tornado Alley (see the recent Texas flooding for proof) and we arrived at home base only about 40 minutes of a beauty. Good day all around: long solo flight, mechanical problem solved, good flight planning and beat the bad weather. Nothing quite like being 21, 10 feet tall and bullet proof, eh?

Dang, your an old fart just like myself Michael. ;) Yeah, I did that stuff only in a 1966 Dodge Charger with a factory installed 383 racing engine. :D I don't know how many times I got stopped in a town for being to loud. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Michael - thank you much. :)

Khalid - Thank you very much. :)

Larry - Much appreciated my friend. :)

Khalid - I'm using P3DV4.5

Joe - That would be a heck of a handle. :D

Thank's again fellas. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid - I'm using P3DV4.5

Goodness 4.5 is already out? I haven't even updated to 4.4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]