FSrealWX site now working again.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello

Like a lot of users I have had to use FSrealWX lite for quite a long period now as the FSWX site has been unresponsive for years? (a long time anyway)

FSRW lite is fine and I will retain that, however you can now download the version FSrealWX PRO a more comprehensive weather generator. I am still rather confused as to weather this is freeware ,trialware ,payware etc

There site states that FSrWX has always been and will always be freeware ,so a little confusing ,but if you didn't know this about there site this is a heads-up for FSrealWX fans.

cheers Andy

It appears that the current v3 release is a Beta, and will probably expire. Version 2 Pro is limited freeware, with a payment required to unlock all its features (i.e. get a registration key). The features added by paying:

These advantages are given with registered version:

flight planner

load editor

weather finder

better weather display for FSX and Prepar3D

loading past weather

loading and saving of weather data

FSrealWX as client on a further computer

more features are developed….

direct wind control

You can activate FSrealWX by buying a key.

From: http://wiki.fsrealwx.net/doku.php?id=en:fsrealwx:differences_between_unregistered_and_registered_version

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi,

For some reason my FSRealWX was working fine for over a year except lately the Tower disregards the wind direction and vectors the aircraft to take off with wind in the tail? I reinstalled the FSRealWX few times to no avail. I am more than willing to pay 5 Euro for improved version. Link would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

For some reason my FSRealWX was working fine for over a year except lately the Tower disregards the wind direction and vectors the aircraft to take off with wind in the tail? I reinstalled the FSRealWX few times to no avail. I am more than willing to pay 5 Euro for improved version. Link would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

If you just type FSrealWX into Google etc you will get the site, I don't have a direct link.

As to being directed to the wrong runway, this occasionally happens to me ,I usually resolve the situation by reloading my flight at the the active runway once or twice and I usually end up on the right runway for wind direction.

It only takes a second to do, i believe there are other methods i.e.reloading a.i being one ,but my method works for me

Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy,

Will try to reload flight. Strangely, this was never happening before. FSRealWX always showed correct wind directions and Tower always directed aircraft for take-off to the wind facing runway. It is just lately when this is happening and I wander if it is not a gauge problem?

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Thanks Andy,

Will try to reload flight. Strangely, this was never happening before. FSRealWX always showed correct wind directions and Tower always directed aircraft for take-off to the wind facing runway. It is just lately when this is happening and I wander if it is not a gauge problem?

Cheers

Peter

Hello

I don't pretend to be an expert on the workings of gauges ,but why would any cause the sort of problems you are experiencing?.

I do know that in my case I do have one airport LGAV (Greece) in particular that quite regularly seems to position me on the wrong runway for the prevailing wind conditions.

Actually I may try a flight tonight from LGAV just to see what occurs. Fortunately I do not use the default ATC at all for my flights so I avoid any possible conflict with ATC over runway takeoffs.

Anyway I hope you get your wind problem sorted . These seemingly random uninitiated changes in FS9 functioning can be frustrating and mysterious ,but I still love it despite that.

Cheers

Andy

PS when I say ireload the flight I don't mean start from the beginning again ,what I do is this......if for instance i load my weather from FSreal and it shows me the wind direction is 270 degrees and I find myself positioned at rwy 9 (Heathrow)I simply use the goto function in FS9 and select the active runway option I find eventually that the sim will position me correctly ie rwy 270. It seems that there can be a little delay getting the weather info from the weather program to the sim itself.

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Maybe it's the real-world Magnetic Variation (between True North and Magnetic North) which has changed in the last few weeks? The data being downloaded by FSRealWX will have been updated but maybe you haven't yet updated the magdec.bgl in FS2004? You can download the 2019 version from here: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Maybe it's the real-world Magnetic Variation (between True North and Magnetic North) which has changed in the last few weeks? The data being downloaded by FSRealWX will have been updated but maybe you haven't yet updated the magdec.bgl in FS2004? You can download the 2019 version from here: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Thank you Tim

Although Iam not having quite the trouble that the OP is its nice to keep things up to date.

Interestingly on opening my scenery base scenery folder ,I see that I have updated this MAGDEC .bgl on two other occasions as well ,there was the original one ,and another dated about 2015 (both renamed as 1.original and 2.orig without the bgl extension of course)

Again many thanks Andrew

Hello All

I just have created a flight from LGAV (this one airport I always seem to problems with being placed at the wrong RWY for the direction of the wind at the time)tonight for example my FSrealWX program shows the wind direction as 220 deg so I should be positioned at RWY 21 instead I am at RWY 3 , using my WORLD GO TO ACTIVE AIRPORT trick to reset the runway does not work in this case I will have to move my aircraft manually .This is not a problem just an Fs9 peculiarity we all love.

Cheers all

Andy

You're welcome Andy. One thing you might check at your LGAV is the magnetic variation entry in the AFCAD file. The real world airport is at 4° East, if your AFCAD is different this may be the problem or at least part of it.

Edit: I just checked my own (addon) LGAV and the magnetic variation is 2.9.

2nd Edit: I changed it to 4.0, started the sim at LGAV 'active runway', as it was loading I launched FSRealWX and found myself on runway 21 with the wind at 218 Mag @ 8kts, and after a minute or two a queue of AI planes forming up on the taxiway behind me. Perfect. This could mean having to update your magdec.bgl file AND all your AFCAD files too. I used Skyvector.com to get the airport info.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

At one time changing the magdec file caused the PMDG Navigation Approach autoland system to steer aircraft off course by a few degrees. There was a thread on this on the old PMDG classic forum on another site. Restoring the original magdec file cured that problem. So be careful and keep copy of the original.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're welcome Andy. One thing you might check at your LGAV is the magnetic variation entry in the AFCAD file. The real world airport is at 4° East, if your AFCAD is different this may be the problem or at least part of it.

Edit: I just checked my own (addon) LGAV and the magnetic variation is 2.9.

2nd Edit: I changed it to 4.0, started the sim at LGAV 'active runway', as it was loading I launched FSRealWX and found myself on runway 21 with the wind at 218 Mag @ 8kts, and after a minute or two a queue of AI planes forming up on the taxiway behind me. Perfect. This could mean having to update your magdec.bgl file AND all your AFCAD files too. I used Skyvector.com to get the airport info.

Hello Tim

Can you tell me how to open and view an AFCAD file ?

I have tried various options including notepad ,but the result is always the same... Unintelligible hieroglyphics .

At this moment I do not like the sound of tinkering with AFCADS ,but I am curious so would just like to take a look at one.

My sim has run perfectly for a long time now ,and my desire to tinker has caused much grief and gnashing of teeth in the past.

Cheers Andy

PS It actually took quite a while to even locate these AFCAD files let alone edit one. :)

You'll need the freeware Airport Design Editor or ADE to open an airport .bgl file such as AF2_EGLL.bgl, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

There's an awful lot you can do with this utility, but for changing the magnetic variation you only need to go to the File drop-down menu and select Airport Properties, then check the Mag Var figure. If you've had to change it, click OK to close the window. Then go back to the File menu and select Save Airport and click Save. Then go back to the File menu again and select Compile Airport and click Compile. Your new EGLL.bgl will be saved in ADE's default location: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\FS9\Projects

Rename your existing EGLL.bgl to EGLL.bgx for example before copying the new one into the same folder.

You'll need the freeware Airport Design Editor or ADE to open an airport .bgl file such as AF2_EGLL.bgl, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

There's an awful lot you can do with this utility, but for changing the magnetic variation you only need to go to the File drop-down menu and select Airport Properties, then check the Mag Var figure. If you've had to change it, click OK to close the window. Then go back to the File menu and select Save Airport and click Save. Then go back to the File menu again and select Compile Airport and click Compile. Your new EGLL.bgl will be saved in ADE's default location: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\FS9\Projects

Rename your existing EGLL.bgl to EGLL.bgx for example before copying the new one into the same folder.

Hello Tim

I have just downloaded ADE and had the briefest of looks .

I have found that LGAV under Airport properties MAG VAR is -2.90 .Should I now change that to -4.00 (not sure about the minus sign )or should it be +4.00

Thanks again

Andy

Hi Andy, it should be -4.00, minus is East and plus is West.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hello again Tim

I did as you describe above ,however after having saved the airport and then tried the compile it ,I get a window opening stating compiler error with a listing of the various errors the compiler has found, all pretty unintelligible to me.

I may just leave it as is at the moment and simply position my aircraft at LGAV manually depending on weather conditions.

Unless a simple solution is known by you (I don't want to keep wasting your time)I will say thank you very much for your time and patience.

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy, those ADE compiler errors can be pretty inscrutable - to be honest if I get one that won't go away I use Flight1's AFX instead, it's the payware version of the old freeware AFCAD utility. I use it a lot for quickly adding parking spaces, and for adding exclude polygons to get rid of autogen trees and buildings at the ends of runways, or even on them in some cases.

Hi Andy, those ADE compiler errors can be pretty inscrutable - to be honest if I get one that won't go away I use Flight1's AFX instead, it's the payware version of the old freeware AFCAD utility.

... and very helpful is the WYSIWYG interface.