Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FSrealWX site now working again.

You're welcome Andy. One thing you might check at your LGAV is the magnetic variation entry in the AFCAD file. The real world airport is at 4° East, if your AFCAD is different this may be the problem or at least part of it.
    Edit: I just checked my own (addon) LGAV and the magnetic variation is 2.9.
    2nd Edit: I changed it to 4.0, started the sim at LGAV 'active runway', as it was loading I launched FSRealWX and found myself on runway 21 with the wind at 218 Mag @ 8kts, and after a minute or two a queue of AI planes forming up on the taxiway behind me. Perfect. This could mean having to update your magdec.bgl file AND all your AFCAD files too. I used Skyvector.com to get the airport info.
    Last edited by tiger1962; Yesterday at 02:58 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

At one time changing the magdec file caused the PMDG Navigation Approach autoland system to steer aircraft off course by a few degrees. There was a thread on this on the old PMDG classic forum on another site. Restoring the original magdec file cured that problem. So be careful and keep copy of the original.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    You're welcome Andy. One thing you might check at your LGAV is the magnetic variation entry in the AFCAD file. The real world airport is at 4° East, if your AFCAD is different this may be the problem or at least part of it.
    Edit: I just checked my own (addon) LGAV and the magnetic variation is 2.9.
    2nd Edit: I changed it to 4.0, started the sim at LGAV 'active runway', as it was loading I launched FSRealWX and found myself on runway 21 with the wind at 218 Mag @ 8kts, and after a minute or two a queue of AI planes forming up on the taxiway behind me. Perfect. This could mean having to update your magdec.bgl file AND all your AFCAD files too. I used Skyvector.com to get the airport info.
    Hello Tim
    Can you tell me how to open and view an AFCAD file ?
    I have tried various options including notepad ,but the result is always the same... Unintelligible hieroglyphics .
    At this moment I do not like the sound of tinkering with AFCADS ,but I am curious so would just like to take a look at one.
    My sim has run perfectly for a long time now ,and my desire to tinker has caused much grief and gnashing of teeth in the past.

Cheers Andy
    PS It actually took quite a while to even locate these AFCAD files let alone edit one.

You'll need the freeware Airport Design Editor or ADE to open an airport .bgl file such as AF2_EGLL.bgl, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854
    There's an awful lot you can do with this utility, but for changing the magnetic variation you only need to go to the File drop-down menu and select Airport Properties, then check the Mag Var figure. If you've had to change it, click OK to close the window. Then go back to the File menu and select Save Airport and click Save. Then go back to the File menu again and select Compile Airport and click Compile. Your new EGLL.bgl will be saved in ADE's default location: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\FS9\Projects
    Rename your existing EGLL.bgl to EGLL.bgx for example before copying the new one into the same folder.
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    You'll need the freeware Airport Design Editor or ADE to open an airport .bgl file such as AF2_EGLL.bgl, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854
    There's an awful lot you can do with this utility, but for changing the magnetic variation you only need to go to the File drop-down menu and select Airport Properties, then check the Mag Var figure. If you've had to change it, click OK to close the window. Then go back to the File menu and select Save Airport and click Save. Then go back to the File menu again and select Compile Airport and click Compile. Your new EGLL.bgl will be saved in ADE's default location: C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 175\FS9\Projects
    Rename your existing EGLL.bgl to EGLL.bgx for example before copying the new one into the same folder.
    Hello Tim
    I have just downloaded ADE and had the briefest of looks .
    I have found that LGAV under Airport properties MAG VAR is -2.90 .Should I now change that to -4.00 (not sure about the minus sign )or should it be +4.00

Thanks again

Andy

Hi Andy, it should be -4.00, minus is East and plus is West.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2