A320 Wilco: APU and overhead pumps ?

albybz

Hi there !

I have a quick question about the Airbus A320 APU and engine fuel pumps. In the real life, after arriving at the gate, the pilots start the APU, wait when ready, turn off the engine and set off all 6 pumps on the overhead.

I use the Wiclo Feelther A320, but when my APU is running and I turn off the 6 engine pumps as in the reality, my APU remain without fuel and shut down. This is not normal IMO…

Maybe I make some mistake in the engine shutdown procedure ? Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

http://albysimsd.hostoi.com/

Freeware and other sceneries for FS2004.

Judging just from a picture of the overhead, I understand there should be at least one pump working (on the port side ,and X-FEED ON if you're using any of the starboard pumps) if you want the APU to work.

Maybe in the real world, pilots wait until the GPU is connected? Then there would be no need for pumps...

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Judging just from a picture of the overhead, I understand there should be at least one pump working (on the port side ,and X-FEED ON if you're using any of the starboard pumps) if you want the APU to work.

Maybe in the real world, pilots wait until the GPU is connected? Then there would be no need for pumps...

Hi Louis, thank you for your opinion.

I also had the same reasoning like you but a real A320 pilot confirmed me that in real A320 aircraft all 6 pumps could be switched off because the APU has another one of its own.

So I don't know if this problem is a limitation of the simulator and how the plane was designed by Wilco or if there is any possibility (working on the overhead switches) to make the APU running despite all 6 pumps are switched off. Therefore i asked here on the forum :confused:

http://albysimsd.hostoi.com/

Freeware and other sceneries for FS2004.