Ftx ai planes

Two Questions:

1: If I add Sound & Panel to FTX Folders, would they be flyable? I know, try it and find out. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any ideas.

2: If I put all the Airplanes into a "FTX AI FOLDER" and put that Folder into my Simobjects and then add a line to my Config, will the sim see them & use them as AI as they do now? Like I did with my WOAI AI planes. See Screen Shots. Thank you

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

A lot of AI aircraft use bogus but useful air files that seem OK for traffic, but totally unrealistic when trying to fly it. AI traffic is basically moving scenery - If you tried to fly one not on autopilot, or even on autopilot, it likely would be junk.

However, some AI aircrft.cfg files seem to mimic those for a flyable version and might be OK.

Edited by mikeandpatty

My take on this is, why fly an AI aircraft when you can probably find a better one that was designed to be flown by the simmer.

Just curious. More Important is Part 2 of the question. That's what I would like an answer too if any one knows. Thanks

Just tested this expecting to have to substitute aircraft because the folder had changed. Checked with AIFP by opening the existing traffic .bgl and no error, so looks like you can do it without having to change anything.

2: If I put all the Airplanes into a "FTX AI FOLDER" and put that Folder into my Simobjects and then add a line to my Config, will the sim see them & use them as AI as they do now? Like I did with my WOAI AI planes.

Yes.

But you need to MOVE (not COPY) them, or you'll get the "Duplicates found"-warning when starting FSX.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Yes.

But you need to MOVE (not COPY) them, or you'll get the "Duplicates found"-warning when starting FSX.

Wim

Thanks for the help. The only reason I want to move them out of my aircraft folder is it's too cluttered with them in there. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks again

As f16jockey above says you get duplicates.

I have done this a few times not thinking and got the popup telling me about a duplicate.

I have also in the past seen an aircraft that caught my eye and downloaded and installed it only to get the duplicate popup.

When I searched lo and behold I already had it and must have forgot it was there.

As f16jockey above says you get duplicates.

I have done this a few times not thinking and got the popup telling me about a duplicate.

I have also in the past seen an aircraft that caught my eye and downloaded and installed it only to get the duplicate popup.

When I searched lo and behold I already had it and must have forgot it was there.

All set on both issues. Thanks for your help Everyone

You asked the same thing before. Read the very good answers you recieved back then again:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?314626-Orbx-ai-ftx-files-location

Yes, I guess I did......... Thanks for pointing that out. Called Senior Moments. Happen more often than not. Hopefully someday you will get forgetful too and understand how this happens. I'm sure this won't be the last time so be prepared for future 'here we go again episodes'. :)

Edited by Prostock

Haha, I have days I struggle to member my own name :)

It's all part of that wonderful package called ageing >.

Yes that's for sure. I get reminded of it daily, and even pointed out in forums where it's not needed. Suppose to be fun, not being made fun of.

I agree with you Prostock, As I've got older I have started to forget the odd thing, funny though I can remember stuff from my childhood and years ago but I go to a cupboard, open it and forget what I'm looking for.

Gone on the PC, gone online, open Google then forgot what I was going to search for, but as you say on some forums there is always a smart ass who gets some kind of sordid pleasure from making fun, but they don't ever make mistakes do they.

I agree with you Prostock, As I've got older I have started to forget the odd thing, funny though I can remember stuff from my childhood and years ago but I go to a cupboard, open it and forget what I'm looking for.

Gone on the PC, gone online, open Google then forgot what I was going to search for, but as you say on some forums there is always a smart ass who gets some kind of sordid pleasure from making fun, but they don't ever make mistakes do they.

I agree 100%. Ah, they will have their turn at it. My thought on forums especially FSX is they should be glad we're even posting questions & trying to keep the sim alive. I've had the smart ass remarks & put downs on a few of my posts and it's by the same ones. No biggie. Yes, I've done the same as you, opened google & totally forgot what the hell I was there for, same with the cupboard, LMAO. Thanks for the comment & support!! At least I have one on my side. :)