Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ftx ai planes

Default Ftx ai planes

Two Questions:

1: If I add Sound & Panel to FTX Folders, would they be flyable? I know, try it and find out. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any ideas.

2: If I put all the Airplanes into a "FTX AI FOLDER" and put that Folder into my Simobjects and then add a line to my Config, will the sim see them & use them as AI as they do now? Like I did with my WOAI AI planes. See Screen Shots. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This way, the FTX aircraft should be seen when you add Sound and Panel.

However, if you'll be able to fly them is another matter. You may have to replace the .air file with a suitable one you "borrow" from somewhere else.

Jorgen

My take on this is, why fly an AI aircraft when you can probably find a better one that was designed to be flown by the simmer.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

4. Default

A lot of AI aircraft use bogus but useful air files that seem OK for traffic, but totally unrealistic when trying to fly it. AI traffic is basically moving scenery - If you tried to fly one not on autopilot, or even on autopilot, it likely would be junk.

However, some AI aircrft.cfg files seem to mimic those for a flyable version and might be OK.
    Last edited by mikeandpatty; 05-13-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    My take on this is, why fly an AI aircraft when you can probably find a better one that was designed to be flown by the simmer.
    Just curious. More Important is Part 2 of the question. That's what I would like an answer too if any one knows. Thanks

Just tested this expecting to have to substitute aircraft because the folder had changed. Checked with AIFP by opening the existing traffic .bgl and no error, so looks like you can do it without having to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Prostock View Post
    2: If I put all the Airplanes into a "FTX AI FOLDER" and put that Folder into my Simobjects and then add a line to my Config, will the sim see them & use them as AI as they do now? Like I did with my WOAI AI planes.
    Yes.
    But you need to MOVE (not COPY) them, or you'll get the "Duplicates found"-warning when starting FSX.

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by f16jockey_2 View Post
    Yes.
    But you need to MOVE (not COPY) them, or you'll get the "Duplicates found"-warning when starting FSX.

Wim
    Thanks for the help. The only reason I want to move them out of my aircraft folder is it's too cluttered with them in there. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks again

As f16jockey above says you get duplicates.
    I have done this a few times not thinking and got the popup telling me about a duplicate.
    I have also in the past seen an aircraft that caught my eye and downloaded and installed it only to get the duplicate popup.
    When I searched lo and behold I already had it and must have forgot it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    As f16jockey above says you get duplicates.
    I have done this a few times not thinking and got the popup telling me about a duplicate.
    I have also in the past seen an aircraft that caught my eye and downloaded and installed it only to get the duplicate popup.
    When I searched lo and behold I already had it and must have forgot it was there.
    All set on both issues. Thanks for your help Everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast