Fsxwx

Enko

and has been for years.... there is a "sticky" up at the top of this page that describes the issue a bit more.

This one and the others are there for a reason: this question keeps getting asked and the answer is never going to change. MS quit supporting the game.

You will need an after-market app for your real world weather.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Is FSXWX working for everyone else? just get WX DATA initial download failed, the host site seems to unavailable too >.

Down here too. Since Saturday same WX DATA initial download failed.

Is FSXWX working for everyone else? just get WX DATA initial download failed, the host site seems to unavailable too >.

Not working for me either since yesterday. Connects to the sim properly but fails to download the weather from the server. Hope this is not the end of such an amazing piece of software :(

my mistake - I haven't used it lately

L

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Same here. I refuse to pay for an add-on, as I've sunk enough into MS for the last 33 years.

It's a shame. When everybody got greedy and wanted to charge for add-ons, that the precise reason MS dropped FS. If they weren't going to make any money off the add-ons, they decided they'd quit making it. Greed sucks...

Still down. However this already happened in the past but always came back up after a little time. Maybe something related to their server engine or traffic limits overcoming. Crossing fingers, hoping it will be reacheable again soon.

In the meantime I'm using FSRealWX Lite. Good free alternative for now.

I just tried FSRealWX Lite and it also does not connect to the server for downloading. Happens when it is connected to FSX or not.

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

Not working for me as of today, connects to the sim and FSUIPC but nothing else happens, at one point it said connection failed. when I try to find the server or site it doesn't connect.

Hope it comes back soon.Exactly ENKOS' Results.

Berlopez

Don't see any problem.

fsxwx and FSrealWxLite are working just fine. FsRealWxLite works fine with both servers. (NOAA and VATSIM metar feeds both work.).

abcde.JPG

--

fsrwx1.JPG

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14-5-2019 @23:15 server back on line, just downloaded weather and made a nice flight.

Agree. Even if the homepage says "currently offline" the FSXWX page now is up and the tool works fine.

It is working as of late last night,as I write on the previous page. One question though, when the weather loads(Log Page) the time does not match that of my sim, or is the time the one the METAR was sent out? Edited by berlopez

• 3 weeks later...
Been working lately to my satisfaction. One question though, is there a way of determining the active departure runway ? I live in CPH and FSXWX metar always tells me the active is 22R and 22L, for both departure and arrival ( T/O and Landing ) My default is 22R at Kastrup airport to Roskilde.

Please can you guys head over to my YouTube channel FSX Made Simple. I really need the support and you guys would really help get my name out there. My videos are fun but FSX educational. You guys are probably all pro's a bit like me and we could make our own little community. I would be open to any video ideas and comments, just please subscribe and support me because the money I make from you YouTube will help me achieve my dream of becoming a pilot!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe this is not very important as the software is working well,for me, But in the log page my simulator is not mentioned below the simconnect line ( 3rd. line ) FSUIPC Connection established.Otherwise everything works fine. Edited by berlopez

• 1 month later...

Bare with me please ? I had to purchase a new used machine. My I thought trusty Dell Vostro 220 fried the graphics card and melted the connectors in the mother board, no way to call this a cheap repair !...

The repair shop offered me instead a Dell Precision Tower 7810 8GB to which I got FSX\Accel installed within the week, most addoons too after I tought myself windows10 (x64) I have had windows 8 and 8.1 in another computer that did the same as my Dell Vostro. FSXWX worked by the book in my installation in the Dell Vostro. Now in this one I get a simconnect error even though I use the same FSUIPC from the Dell v.4.86. I have uninstalled/Deleted all I have done to do a fresh install.

CHECKING THE LOGG I GET THIS IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.86

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX!

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! SEEMS LIKE "AppPath NOT found" is the culpritm how do I correct this?

Please help…

Berlopez

Edited by berlopez