Blackburn Beverley crashes FS9

michaeljulian

I recently had to remove certain folders from my FS9 running in Windows 10. The Blackburn Beverley was working perfectly. However, now that I have had to reload it - all three parts- and located exactly where instructed everything goes OK until i press "FLY NOW" It then dumps FS9 completely. Does anybody have any suggestions/ FS9 is in C:/ Flight Simulator 9

I recently had to remove certain folders from my FS9 running in Windows 10. The Blackburn Beverley was working perfectly. However, now that I have had to reload it - all three parts- and located exactly where instructed everything goes OK until i press "FLY NOW" It then dumps FS9 completely. Does anybody have any suggestions/ FS9 is in C:/ Flight Simulator 9

Replace the folders you "removed"

When you do an original installation, Windows registry settings are entered and modified by the installer. If you just copy an application folder during a move or restoration these settings are not set. That can cause a possible crash.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you have used an installer (.exe) program to install your aircraft you cannot just delete any of the thus created files/folders but you must then always un-install them, preferably via the Windows un-install process or via the (usually) supplied un-installer, provided that you have not moved any of the files or folders before actually doing that.

By just deleting any of those created files/folders you are in fact just asking for all kinds of unpredictable problems.

I believe that the best thing you can now try to do is to un-install your evidently re-installed aircraft and hopefully in doing so, will automatically clear any of the now problematic registry entries. After that you could try to re-install the aircraft, after shutting down your machine, completely switching it off, waiting a few minutes and then switching it on again.

Good luck.

Hans

P.S. Why did you "delete" the aircraft in the first place ?

Firstly I tried FSX after having cleared out my FS9 by uninstalling it.. Big mistake ! However that aside all other FS9 aircraft have been downloaded and installed successfully with the exception of the Beverley. I had the aircraft before and it worked perfectly. There is nothing to uninstall other that the three download folders and the actual aircraft in the FS9 folder. I used the self installation files with each of the three Beverley downloads. Any idea what extra I can do?

It's the FS2002 Blackburn Beverley by Ralph Pegram in the library here.

The self-installers are for FS2002 only and won't install into the correct folders for FS2004. The "install directory" should be a temporary file on the desktop, where you can then move the files into their FS2004-compatible folders and then manually move them into your FS2004 directory.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Removing the panel folder did the trick but of course left the aircraftt with no panel. The folder just comprises a few icons but no files. Any suggestion where I go from here? I deleted all the unneecssary text files but that made no difference when I returned the panel as it crashed again.

I have FSX-Steam: A few aircraft I've D/L recently for FSX contain gauges from FS98!. I get a pop-up indicating those out-dated gauges and then I get a CTD. Why do freeware developers include such gauges in aircraft meant for FSX? Is it laziness on their part? Do they not test their uploads before release?

I'm fully aware how many, many hours it takes to create freeware aircraft and other add-ons, and I've always appreciated those efforts over the years. So I really hate to criticize them - but this is just to to let them know of this glaring problem in uploads...

I have checked the panel location on the aircraft .cfg file and it is the usual panel=. I suppose it might be worth deleting one gauge at a time and see if I can trace a rogue file. Does that sound sensible?

If you want to keep that panel, then that may be your only option. Otherwise you could replace the panel with one you know works and is to your liking.

Hi,

You don't need to actually delete gauges. In the panel.cfg file you will see lines like:

gauge00=

with gauge info after that. To inactivate that gauge, just edit by adding //:

//gauge00=

That way you can inactivate and reactivate gauges easily. Save the file after each edit, and then reload the plane.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com