Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blackburn Beverley crashes FS9

Removing the panel folder did the trick but of course left the aircraftt with no panel. The folder just comprises a few icons but no files. Any suggestion where I go from here? I deleted all the unneecssary text files but that made no difference when I returned the panel as it crashed again.

I have checked the panel location on the aircraft .cfg file and it is the usual panel=. I suppose it might be worth deleting one gauge at a time and see if I can trace a rogue file. Does that sound sensible?

I have FSX-Steam: A few aircraft I've D/L recently for FSX contain gauges from FS98!. I get a pop-up indicating those out-dated gauges and then I get a CTD. Why do freeware developers include such gauges in aircraft meant for FSX? Is it laziness on their part? Do they not test their uploads before release?

I'm fully aware how many, many hours it takes to create freeware aircraft and other add-ons, and I've always appreciated those efforts over the years. So I really hate to criticize them - but this is just to to let them know of this glaring problem in uploads...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljulian View Post
    I have checked the panel location on the aircraft .cfg file and it is the usual panel=. I suppose it might be worth deleting one gauge at a time and see if I can trace a rogue file. Does that sound sensible?
    If you want to keep that panel, then that may be your only option. Otherwise you could replace the panel with one you know works and is to your liking.

Hi,

You don't need to actually delete gauges. In the panel.cfg file you will see lines like:

gauge00=

with gauge info after that. To inactivate that gauge, just edit by adding //:

//gauge00=

That way you can inactivate and reactivate gauges easily. Save the file after each edit, and then reload the plane.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks. I will try that and report back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2