Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Beverley crashes FS9

Thumbs down Blackburn Beverley crashes FS9

I recently had to remove certain folders from my FS9 running in Windows 10. The Blackburn Beverley was working perfectly. However, now that I have had to reload it - all three parts- and located exactly where instructed everything goes OK until i press "FLY NOW" It then dumps FS9 completely. Does anybody have any suggestions/ FS9 is in C:/ Flight Simulator 9

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljulian View Post
    I recently had to remove certain folders from my FS9 running in Windows 10. The Blackburn Beverley was working perfectly. However, now that I have had to reload it - all three parts- and located exactly where instructed everything goes OK until i press "FLY NOW" It then dumps FS9 completely. Does anybody have any suggestions/ FS9 is in C:/ Flight Simulator 9
    Replace the folders you "removed"

When you do an original installation, Windows registry settings are entered and modified by the installer. If you just copy an application folder during a move or restoration these settings are not set. That can cause a possible crash.
    KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles
    Support Team

They were placed in the recycle bin and deleted. All other aircraft load and work perfectly.

When you have used an installer (.exe) program to install your aircraft you cannot just delete any of the thus created files/folders but you must then always un-install them, preferably via the Windows un-install process or via the (usually) supplied un-installer, provided that you have not moved any of the files or folders before actually doing that.

By just deleting any of those created files/folders you are in fact just asking for all kinds of unpredictable problems.

I believe that the best thing you can now try to do is to un-install your evidently re-installed aircraft and hopefully in doing so, will automatically clear any of the now problematic registry entries. After that you could try to re-install the aircraft, after shutting down your machine, completely switching it off, waiting a few minutes and then switching it on again.

Good luck.
    Hans

P.S. Why did you "delete" the aircraft in the first place ?

Firstly I tried FSX after having cleared out my FS9 by uninstalling it.. Big mistake ! However that aside all other FS9 aircraft have been downloaded and installed successfully with the exception of the Beverley. I had the aircraft before and it worked perfectly. There is nothing to uninstall other that the three download folders and the actual aircraft in the FS9 folder. I used the self installation files with each of the three Beverley downloads. Any idea what extra I can do?

Filename and download location?
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

It's the FS2002 Blackburn Beverley by Ralph Pegram in the library here.
    The self-installers are for FS2002 only and won't install into the correct folders for FS2004. The "install directory" should be a temporary file on the desktop, where you can then move the files into their FS2004-compatible folders and then manually move them into your FS2004 directory.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 05-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Bev Pt 1, Bev Pt 2, Bev PT 3. All in Downloads Folder. The only folder in each one is a self installer. The aircraft loads perfectly into the revolving window and it is ONLY when I click on FLY NOW that FS9 crashes

10. Default

I would look towards the panel. One of your gauges may be causing this. Switch out panels just as a test and see if that fixes your problem. If not, I don't where else it could be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast