New to Xplane 11

Timberleaf

When I fly in my home town, I notice the major roads have houses surrounding, wherein these highways don't have houses along the street side, for example. Or major building in the big cities don't exist.

Question 1: how do I get the streets to look more realistic, like no houses beside a highway?

Question 2: how do I get the major buildings present in big cities?

Question 3: What programs are recommended to improve the environment?

Thanks!

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Hi.

When I fly in my home town, I notice the major roads have houses surrounding, wherein these highways don't have houses along the street side, for example. Or major building in the big cities don't exist.

Question 1: how do I get the streets to look more realistic, like no houses beside a highway?

XP11 use Autogen and many of the issues you describe cannot be controlled unless you get some payware scenery, and none of those, that I know of do a very good job.

Question 2: how do I get the major buildings present in big cities?

To some extent many Terra bytes of Libraries and Objects can be added, but they may not be what you want or very real life looking. XP lacks badly when it comes to VFR Ground reference objects.

Question 3: What programs are recommended to improve the environment?

The most improvement that I think you can achieve, to get away from the drab looking scenery is the Photo / Ortho scenery. Some already exists, in a lower resolution that you may like, and there is an app Ortho4XP that will give you very good photo scenery that is worth learning about and using.

There are others like WED, OE... but they are for small areas like airports, signs....

Thanks!