Still Stuck on Tutorial 6

halaywi

I'm still stuck on Tutorial 6. After trying all the suggestions as to how to lower the control panel so as to get a better view of the ground, I filally found the only one that works: CNTRL+Shift+Q. But I still don't see enough of the surrounding ground so as to be able to follow the creek and avoid crashing into the mountains. Is there a way I can "look out the side windows"? MrZippy, I liked your video of the mission and how it showed an EXTERNAL view of the plane with its surroundings as opposed to a in-cockpit narrow front view. How can I get such an external view? The co-pilot said something about hitting f11, but that does not work.

If your F-keys (F9 F10, F11, etc.) don't work it may be because of your keyboard. You may need to push and hold the 'Fn' key together with F9, F10 and so on. ('Fn' stands for 'Function'. It works similar to the 'Shift' key. You usually have it next to the Spacebar on your keyboard.)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe try flying the Cessna in free flight a few times, instead of repeating that lesson over and over. Without the pressure of flying a lesson/mission in a fast time. In free flight you can get used to how the plane looks and works without any pressure.

Then the next time you fly the mission/lesson you'll know the plane better. You'll be able to focus on the lesson and flying without getting overwhelmed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You select it from the menu that shows when you press (and hold for 3 seconds) the 'ALT' key. Mouse left click on (Aircraft/Select Aircraft). Use scroll bar (right edge) to go to Cessna. All airplanes are listed alphabetically. You click on picture of C-172. It will load where ever you are now. Take off. Free Fly.

The missions/tutorials are more like a test of what you know (skills) and are not perfect so you will get fraustrated. Did you crash the C-172 yet? You will. Don't worry - we all did. Keep reading, thinking, dreaming, doing, and re-doing, what it takes to fly in Sim. It will take you a few months (not days) to get your head around the dozen of 'important' things to do / not do so be patient and keep plugging.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

In reply to your question, no I did not crash or even fly the C-172. I successfully flew all the planes in the missions from 1-5 and succeeded in safely landing after crashing not more than 5 times. But I'm stuck on mission 6. The problem is turning thru the meandering mountain pass without crashing into the mountains. It seems that the joystick needs to be moved with hair sensitivity while making turns in order not to crash or go off course. I've crashed over 20 times. It is very frustrating and I'm even considering giving up.