Which addons do you really need for Prepar3D?

jerryjones

Hi!

Thinking about buying prepar3d. Got a few questions beforehand:

What addons do you need MINIMUM besides airlpane addons? Scenery, weather, clouds etc.

Is there an addon that adds visual shaking on the runway during landing/takeoff and windy weather?

What are currently the best Airbuses you can get? Had the Professional A320 back in the FSX days, was quite okay. I would love to fly an A330, but the only one I found (Blackbox) doesn't seem to be even mid-level. What about an A330 Freighter addon? And is there any info about the Aerosoft A330 release date?

Here are my specs, just so you can leave out whatever would not run smoothly. Can I expect okay/good/great fps at high details?Ryzen 5 2600GTX 108032GB RAM

SSD

Oculus Rift CV1 (I will definitely play in VR, no way around it. Once I tried that in DCS, I can't imagine going back to monitor.)

Thank you!

For mesh, get FreeMesh here (freeware): http://ninetwopro.com/

For scenery, get GEX and UTX for P3D from Flight1 (both are payware): http://www.flight1.com/

For weather, get Active Sky for P3D and Active Sky Cloud Art from here (again payware): https://hifisimtech.com/

Now, I do hope that you processor as fast enough.

Jorgen

Hi!

Thinking about buying prepar3d. Got a few questions beforehand:

What addons do you need MINIMUM besides airlpane addons? Scenery, weather, clouds etc.

Is there an addon that adds visual shaking on the runway during landing/takeoff and windy weather?

What are currently the best Airbuses you can get? Had the Professional A320 back in the FSX days, was quite okay. I would love to fly an A330, but the only one I found (Blackbox) doesn't seem to be even mid-level. What about an A330 Freighter addon? And is there any info about the Aerosoft A330 release date?

Here are my specs, just so you can leave out whatever would not run smoothly. Can I expect okay/good/great fps at high details?Ryzen 5 2600GTX 108032GB RAMXvideos Xnxx Chaturbate

SSD

Oculus Rift CV1 (I will definitely play in VR, no way around it. Once I tried that in DCS, I can't imagine going back to monitor.)

Thank you!

my issue has been solved!!

GEX and UTX are `forgotten products` for P3D, especially later versions of the sim.

Use ORBX instead.

I disagree. They are not forgotten at all but there's no need for updating that type of product. UTX is a vector product and GEP3D is a global product. They work and IMHO look far better and are easier on the fps than ORBX products.

I particularly do not like the fact that ORBX modifies a CORE P3D file (lclookup.bgl) which can easily cause anomalies with other products.

If you choose ORBx, then be wary of combining other propducts.

For me, I stay with GEP3D and UTX and use the ORBX regions but NOT global or Vector.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I disagree. They are not forgotten at all but there's no need for updating that type of product. UTX is a vector product and GEP3D is a global product. They work and IMHO look far better and are easier on the fps than ORBX products.

I particularly do not like the fact that ORBX modifies a CORE P3D file (lclookup.bgl) which can easily cause anomalies with other products.

If you choose ORBx, then be wary of combining other propducts.

For me, I stay with GEP3D and UTX and use the ORBX regions but NOT global or Vector.

Vic

OK. then we agree to differ: Still 1024 textures under the same old excuse `No excessive resolution to render`? GEP3D is STILL Ground Environment for FSX, just packaged again.

I do not consider 1024 to be adequate for a 4096-standard sim, especially when the resolution displays many of the texture weakness prevalent since FSX days... UTX still only offers 1m texture resolution for roads, same as FSX and still requires a plethora of products with appropriate spending for the coverage.

Agree the LCLookup. bgl is and remains a shonky solution that has served it's time, but unlike GEP3D and UTX ORBX retains a development cycle that simply does not exist. And with many addons designed around FTX textures and landclass, ORBX has a much better consequence from laying the addon on top of FTX various base levels...