Stuck on Tutorial 6

halaywi

After finally getting a good start, I'm stuck on Tutorial 6. The instrument panel is so high that it does not allow a good view of the ground below, thereby not allowing me to follow the creek, and the green markers are very hard, if not impossible to find after the first two. How can I get a better view of the ground without coming too low and in danger of crashing? Or stay at the right altitude to see and follow the markers without flying too high and losing sight of the ground or too low and risk crashing? The briefing says that GPS is available by hitting shift+3 but I can't read that box.

You can use the mouse to grab the edge of a panel. If you move the mouse to the vor edge of the panel you will see the mouse change shape. Then hold the left mouse button pressed while dragging down the top edge of the panel to make it smaller.

By making the panel about half as high you can still see all the gauges, but born you can look over the top of it.

With the gps drag the left edge to the left, and the vor edge up, making the popup bigger.

Btw, when asking, mention what plane you are using. I have no idea what is used in mission 6.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After finally getting a good start, I'm stuck on Tutorial 6. The instrument panel is so high that it does not allow a good view of the ground below, thereby not allowing me to follow the creek, and the green markers are very hard, if not impossible to find after the first two. How can I get a better view of the ground without coming too low and in danger of crashing? Or stay at the right altitude to see and follow the markers without flying too high and losing sight of the ground or too low and risk crashing? The briefing says that GPS is available by hitting shift+3 but I can't read that box.

a little thin on information here. what simulator are you using? and what tutorial are you talking about is it a mission or a lesson?

giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Tutorial 6 is Mountain flying in the C-172. It sounds like you are using the 2D panel. There is an ICON on the panel that will reduce the size and by using CTRL+Q, you can lower the view so you can see better. You can also hit the A key and switch to the VC and raise the seat by pressing the shift key and then enter.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What is vor?

The plane is Cessna Skyhawk SP Model 172.

About the gps, I dont know how to read it. Its not like the gps on a car.

There is no need for a GPS in this tutorial. It is an extremely easy visual flight through the mountain pass with the green squares as a guide to follow.

Edited by mrzippy

Top edge of the panel. (in that post, instead of "vor edge of..." ).

The same error is lower down in my post as well.

-----

(Vor on my phone is typed by pressing 867. To letters top are also under 867. )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MRZippy,

CTRL+Q raises the control panel, not lowers it as I need.

If you are in the VC, then use Shift+Enter. You have to be more precise in your explanations of what you see and are doing.

OK, I just flew this Mission for the umpteenth time and took some screenshots. I will attempted to explain whats going on.

This is the start of the mission just after engine start

Mission start.JPG

Inside the cockpit sitting in the VC (Virtual Cockpit)

VC vitrual cockpit.JPG

Just after takeoff and heading for the first marker. Stay below or just at the height of the marker

Stay just below markers.JPG

You can even fly through the marker. A sound will be heard as you fly through. Your instructor will tell you to raise the flaps. Tell him to go have sex with himself! Keep the first setting of flaps until you reach over 80 knots IAS. Don't forget to adjust your mixture to keep engine power up.

Fly through them.JPG

Follow the instructor's instruction about adding full flaps and start cutting back on power and bring it in for a landing!

Kaplagh.JPG

Here is are 2 shots of the 2D panel...the first is the IFR and the 2nd is the VFR panel.

2D IFR panel.JPG

2D VFR panel.JPG

Good luck!

Sigh. I did not mean to say vor in that first post. I meant to type TOP.

(Ok? Ok.)

Grab the top of the panel with the mouse and drag to make it smaller.

(Click the link I posted just now. That thread explains it too.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can zoom out in the VC (3D cockpit, 3Dimensional cockpit.)

Zoom out with the: > -

Zoom zoom zoom... :D

c172 vc zoom 1.jpg

c172 vc zoom 2.jpg

c172 vc zoom 3.jpg

To get rid of the menu bar press and hold >AltAlt

c172 vc zoom 4.jpg

All this is in the 3D cockpit. (VC)

In 3D cockpit you can move your seat position up and down with >Shift + Enter

and >Shift + Backspace

Forward-Back is: >Contr +Backsp

And: >Contr +Enter

Left-Right is keys: >Contr+Shift+Enter

And: >Contr+Shift+Backspace

To get in the VC, press: >F9

--------

------------------------

2D panel

To get to 2D panel view, press >F10Shift + 1

In 2D view you can also zoom out with - and + key. (next to backspace.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

about the 2D panel.

Most 2D panels can be grabbed by the top edge. (Move mouse to top of panel, mouse changes shape, click mouse and hold button, drag panel to smaller size.)

But not the Cessna C172.

In the default cessna you grab the panel at the bottom edge and drag it upward to make it smaller. Not at the top edge.

c172 dragging 2d panel 1.jpg

hole mouse button pressed and drag up.

c172 dragging 2d panel 2.jpg

release mouse.

c172 dragging 2d panel 3.jpg

Then once the panel is small, grab it somewhere on the panel where there is no button or gauge and drag it down.

c172 dragging 2d panel 4.jpg

and of course you can zoom out in 2D panel as well.

c172 dragging 2d panel 5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]