Help with My 737 Overhead Panel Rotary Switches

Hello there, I am creating a 737 overhead panel for my setup. I am using mostly all toggle switches and a few toggle switches. I am using a LeoBodnar board to connect it to X-Plane 11 (also, what program will I have to use to connect it to X-Plane?). However, I am unsure about how to connect the rotary switches to the board. I understand how to connect the toggle switches and what not but I am new to rotary switches. I know that each "position" represents a complete circuit etc. In my panel specifically, I am using: (2) 4-position (2) 8-position and (4) 3-position rotaries as well as several other toggles. How exactly must I connect it to the board? For the 3-position one will I have to use a total of 4 wires? Thanks!

The Board I am using:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=180&zenid=ee0a72b143af34cd52d496971eee20eb

The website I am getting my rotaries from:

https://www.mouser.com/Electromechanical/Switches/Rotary-Switches/_/N-5g2i/

Hello Jay, I am more familiar with the arduino boards but thank you for pointing out i should use the leobardner boards. If you are make a lets say fuel cut off and or fuel tank selector you should connect all 8 positions to the board. That would be the most simple. And for connecting the board to the PC when you plug it in is should recognize the board as either a USB keyboard or game pad device and create inputs for those plugins on the board. If this has seemed confusing in any way please replay ot the thread and i will try to explanin it differently. Thank You Jay

And is looks like their are pre-made rotary switch inputs. And it is plug an play. All of these answers are on the website just look that back over and you should be good.

Slag, thank you very much for the help. I also have seen that they have provided software and instructions. So, does that mean that for the amount of rotary encoders I want to use, the amount of wires I use on them will sacrifice some toggles?

Thanks.

Yes I would honestly suggest getting 2 of the boards to run all the rotary's off of and then another to run all the toggles. The rotary io card could easily stretch all the way down to the autopilot panel. It really depends on how realistic you want the cockpit to be. If you are running Xplane11 use two cards if you are running FSX use 1 because all the buttons don't work in fsx.