Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wind direction disregarded by ATC

Default Wind direction disregarded by ATC

Hi,

Got RealWX Pro and lately ATC clears me for take-off to the runways with tail wind. Never happened to me before. See picture- Cleared for RW 7 at LAX with wind blowing from the tail at 31Kts!!??? In the past ATC was always correct in offering the head-wind (+- up to 90 deg) runways for take-offs. This is not aircraft related, since all my aircraft I tested (AB, Boeings, Classics and on) encounter the same problem.

Perhaps RealWX is acting up? Or any remedy appreciated.

Thanks
    Peter
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wind issue (2).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	209471

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beroun View Post
    Hi,

Got RealWX Pro and lately ATC clears me for take-off to the runways with tail wind.
    After the weather loads you may need to refresh the AI traffic for ATC to recognise the weather change. I have assigned key "T" to do that, but there are other ways - change the time slightly should work, I think, or relaod the user aircraft maybe.

John

Thanks John,
    Tried to no avail. This only happens with RealWX. When I do not use it and program wind to FS weather the Tower recognizes it.
    Strange

Hi Peter, if you have the full version of FSUIPC, in the Clouds and Winds tabs tick the checkbox to "Allow changes to FS own weather".
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

What I do; if the flight is IFR, reload the flight plan. ATC will then use the correct runway direction. If VFR, 'go to' the same airport and parking spot.

Nadlzfw

6. Default

I am seeing the same thing while using FSRealWX. My ASE won't work due to some type of licensing issue so I am using FSRealWX. Even clicking to refresh AI does not help. The allow changes to FS own weather doesn't work either. Only have this issue with FSRealWX. OP you are not alone. I would just ignore ATC (Radar Contact) and take off into the wind but the AI are landing towards me.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bam1220 View Post
    My ASE won't work due to some type of licensing issue
    Contact Hifi Sim support on that. They have issued a new version that will solve that problem and will give you a link to it.

As to FSRealFX Pro, it is giving me the right runway after reloading the AI traffic. I am sure Nadlzfw's suggestion does the same. A puzzle that others aren't experiencing this.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnhinson View Post
    A puzzle that others aren't experiencing this.
    It could be that they're running FS2004 as administrator, but not FSRealWX, in which case it won't have full access to the sim.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Thanks for the feedback,
    regret nothing suggested seems to work. I fly mostly IFR and YES just landed at airport and AI were taking off on opposite runway. Take-off was also with 20K wind blowing from the back. Strange thing is that this happened suddenly, without me making any changes. In the past Tower always vectored against the wind, now the logic seems to be reversed. Perhaps the latest W10 update? But do not really want to uninstall it. Will keep trying and advise if resolved.
    Thanks again
    Peter

10. Default

I don't use FSRealWX but you could try to load the flight, let FSRealWX do it's weather thing, then reset the flight. No idea if it will work but I'd be trying it.
    Mark Daniels

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast