In search of a $159 Hamburger

A few more shots from the ORBX Rockies series whilst hanging out with PhantomTweak and Miss Ghost.

19.1.jpg

27 1.jpg

27 2.jpg

27 3.jpg

27 4 for use.jpg

281.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

Again, if some screen shots seem small it's because they're so dense. I didn't even bother with several shots because by the time I got them down under the 488 limit they were almost postage stamps size.:o

Rupert

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A few more shots from the ORBX Rockies series whilst hanging out with PhantomTweak and Miss Ghost.

Again, if some screen shots seem small it's because they're so dense. I didn't even bother with several shots because by the time I got them down under the 488 limit they were almost postage stamps size.:o

Rupert

Pics look fine to me, Michael! What is that, a Mooney? Very nice paint scheme!

Rick :cool:

A quick, easy walk across Highway 97 from Visitor Parking to Melita's Restaurant and Motel. Be careful, though, you might have to wait for 1 or, on a really heavy traffic day, TWO whole vehicles to go by before you cross.

There's you're $159.00 Hamburger! Tasty they are, too, and their onion rings are fantastic!

Great people, too. Especially once you get to know them. I love this town!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That Orbx scenery sure looks great Michael. A pretty Mooney too. Nicely captured pics of it all. :cool: :cool: :cool: But, a $159 hamburger - really? When I was in high school back in the late 50's we would walk down town to the pool room and order a coke and a hamburger for lunch. The price - 25 cents. :)

Larry

That Orbx scenery sure looks great Michael. A pretty Mooney too. Nicely captured pics of it all. :cool: :cool: :cool: But, a $159 hamburger - really? When I was in high school back in the late 50's we would walk down town to the pool room and order a coke and a hamburger for lunch. The price - 25 cents. :)

Hey Larry. You obviously don't get around much anymore! If you can fly from X to Y airport and back for less than a $150 hamburger you're obviously flying for much less that what the rest of us are paying!!:mad:

You have to realize this hamburger trip isn't just about the cost of a burger today. It's mostly to cover the cost of the trip for a burger!!;)

Michael

Very nice wilderness airport! Just fantastic scenery! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice wilderness airport! Just fantastic scenery! :cool:

That's Chiloquin Airport, 2S7, South-Central Oregon. Right between Klamath Falls, KLMT, and Crater Lake it's self.

Really good food, at lest IMO, across Hiway 97 from 2S7. Place called Melita's.

Chiloquin the town, 1 main street, no lights, only a very few Stop signs From what the archaeologists say, is the longest continually inhabited village/town in CONUS. 11,000 years. Not bad, eh?

And the local Native Americans are actually very nice people in general. They accepted my lovely wife and I seamlessly. Not Tribal Members, since my Grandfather, who was pretty much pure Nez Perce, didn't keep any records of his lineage. Not proud to be a Native American back then, I suppose.

He spent most of his working career in Panama, Army Corps of Engineers. My mother, now get all this, was born there. IN the Canal Zone Army Hospital, so American Citizen. Dark hair, and all that. Spoke fluent Spanish, at least when she was mad at me, and English. She was a Pan Am stew, back when they were the airline Glamour Girls, married a UAL Captain. Complicated, huh?

Given his lineage, I'm about 1/4 Native American, but no proof on paper, so they can't accept me as a Member. Oh Well.

Chiloquin Airport may appear to be wilderness, but it's really not. Just beautiful area is all. I am glad we found this place. I wanted to live someplace like the redwood forest I grew up in, but nowadays a 1/4 acre unimproved patch of dirt in Woodside is over $1.0 MILLION, so that was out. Besides, sadly, most of the trees have been cut down to make room for the Silicon Valley super Rich. Some over 5,000 years old. It really sux.

I won't get into the politics in California but I am really glad I can't afford a piece of rock to stand on down there. Chiloquin fits me well...

Anywho, have fun, all!

And my thanks to Michael for the pics!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hey Pat,

I was hugely pleased with the scenery I saw there. But even more pleased with the attitudes of the people I met here! I've spent time in your area before but never encountered that being part of a family feeling I encountered there on that recent trip!

In Casey County Ky. we'd not just shoot but hang and quarter those who insult us based on how we speak or who we are. In that part of Oregon I discovered LAST YEAR that regardless of the little "Furrin" car I drove or the accent I spoke with, I was welcomed!

Having said that, I will have to say back in the 1960's an "Oregon Resident" was typically someone who had lived in Oregon EXACTLY LONG ENOUGH TO HAVE HIS/HER "Black Plague" California license plate changed over to an Oregon plate!! And God Forbid an "outsider" who hadn't lived here at least the few weeks to get get their license plate changed should show actually live there.

Michael

Edited by Rupert