Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In search of a $159 Hamburger

Default In search of a $159 Hamburger

A few more shots from the ORBX Rockies series whilst hanging out with PhantomTweak and Miss Ghost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	421.8 KB 
ID:	209410

Name:	27 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	209413

Name:	27 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	209417

Name:	27 3.jpg 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	209420

Name:	27 4 for use.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	422.6 KB 
ID:	209422

Name:	281.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	209423

Name:	284.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	476.8 KB 
ID:	209424

Name:	285.jpg 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	209425

Name:	286.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	209426

Name:	287.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	283.1 KB 
ID:	209427

Again, if some screen shots seem small it's because they're so dense. I didn't even bother with several shots because by the time I got them down under the 488 limit they were almost postage stamps size.

Rupert
    Last edited by Rupert; 04-28-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    i9-9900K CPU currently running 5gig + -, Aorus Z390 LGA 1151 MB, Kraken X61 280 mm water cooler, Corsair RM850X PS, Planteks full size tower, 32gig of DDR4 3200 RAM, EVGA 1080 GPU, 4TB "Black" HD, 1Tb SSD, joystick, rudder pedals, yoke, multi control panel, three monitors set up for panaramic views, Bose surround sound system, and a ton of powered usb ports.

Nice little field Michael, and the rest of the area looks very good also!

Feels the result of your rig! Doesn't one?
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    A few more shots from the ORBX Rockies series whilst hanging out with PhantomTweak and Miss Ghost.

Again, if some screen shots seem small it's because they're so dense. I didn't even bother with several shots because by the time I got them down under the 488 limit they were almost postage stamps size.

Rupert
    Pics look fine to me, Michael! What is that, a Mooney? Very nice paint scheme!

Rick

As always, thanks to everyone for looking!! Yes Rick, that's a Mooney and it handles quite well.

Michael
    i9-9900K CPU currently running 5gig + -, Aorus Z390 LGA 1151 MB, Kraken X61 280 mm water cooler, Corsair RM850X PS, Planteks full size tower, 32gig of DDR4 3200 RAM, EVGA 1080 GPU, 4TB "Black" HD, 1Tb SSD, joystick, rudder pedals, yoke, multi control panel, three monitors set up for panaramic views, Bose surround sound system, and a ton of powered usb ports.

A quick, easy walk across Highway 97 from Visitor Parking to Melita's Restaurant and Motel. Be careful, though, you might have to wait for 1 or, on a really heavy traffic day, TWO whole vehicles to go by before you cross.
    There's you're $159.00 Hamburger! Tasty they are, too, and their onion rings are fantastic!
    Great people, too. Especially once you get to know them. I love this town!

Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

That Orbx scenery sure looks great Michael. A pretty Mooney too. Nicely captured pics of it all. But, a $159 hamburger - really? When I was in high school back in the late 50's we would walk down town to the pool room and order a coke and a hamburger for lunch. The price - 25 cents.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by NMLW View Post
    That Orbx scenery sure looks great Michael. A pretty Mooney too. Nicely captured pics of it all. But, a $159 hamburger - really? When I was in high school back in the late 50's we would walk down town to the pool room and order a coke and a hamburger for lunch. The price - 25 cents.
    Hey Larry. You obviously don't get around much anymore! If you can fly from X to Y airport and back for less than a $150 hamburger you're obviously flying for much less that what the rest of us are paying!!

You have to realize this hamburger trip isn't just about the cost of a burger today. It's mostly to cover the cost of the trip for a burger!!

Michael

Blog Entries

Very nice wilderness airport! Just fantastic scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSTRAKA View Post
    Very nice wilderness airport! Just fantastic scenery!
    That's Chiloquin Airport, 2S7, South-Central Oregon. Right between Klamath Falls, KLMT, and Crater Lake it's self.

Really good food, at lest IMO, across Hiway 97 from 2S7. Place called Melita's.

Chiloquin the town, 1 main street, no lights, only a very few Stop signs From what the archaeologists say, is the longest continually inhabited village/town in CONUS. 11,000 years. Not bad, eh?
    And the local Native Americans are actually very nice people in general. They accepted my lovely wife and I seamlessly. Not Tribal Members, since my Grandfather, who was pretty much pure Nez Perce, didn't keep any records of his lineage. Not proud to be a Native American back then, I suppose.
    He spent most of his working career in Panama, Army Corps of Engineers. My mother, now get all this, was born there. IN the Canal Zone Army Hospital, so American Citizen. Dark hair, and all that. Spoke fluent Spanish, at least when she was mad at me, and English. She was a Pan Am stew, back when they were the airline Glamour Girls, married a UAL Captain. Complicated, huh?
    Given his lineage, I'm about 1/4 Native American, but no proof on paper, so they can't accept me as a Member. Oh Well.

Chiloquin Airport may appear to be wilderness, but it's really not. Just beautiful area is all. I am glad we found this place. I wanted to live someplace like the redwood forest I grew up in, but nowadays a 1/4 acre unimproved patch of dirt in Woodside is over $1.0 MILLION, so that was out. Besides, sadly, most of the trees have been cut down to make room for the Silicon Valley super Rich. Some over 5,000 years old. It really sux.
    I won't get into the politics in California but I am really glad I can't afford a piece of rock to stand on down there. Chiloquin fits me well...

Anywho, have fun, all!
    And my thanks to Michael for the pics!
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast